What is your most feared virus?

Theguywholikesbetas

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Move this post as you please not sure if it goes here.

Aside from my usual contributing malware samples i wanted to do something differenr

My most feared virus has always been any form of Fynloski it is a quite common backdoor i encountered on my machine 3 times before but i digress, What would you say would be your most feared virus?

Venhiem

Level 3
Verified
Mar 10, 2014
The only malware that ever infected my PC was the MS Recovery Tool so i'd go with that. It was on my previous PC not this one :cool:.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
A rootkit that removes everything on your pc saw it from malware geek who did research on it a few years back

ImtheBest

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
UX Theme Patcher Registries!

I know Venhiem

I have used Universal Theme Patcher with no problems haven't used UX but i know a lot of people that have and is no problem. I don't think he is using it correctly. Unless in a case he is messing with some system files and not doing something right. It does actually modify files but nothing out of the ordinary
u9swwRt.png

these are the files it should patch

But if i had to guess i would have to say that he picked a theme that modified system files. That is the only way your antivirus program will pickup stuff some theme's u have to modify system files to have that nice look nothing wrong as long as u know what u are doing. I would say try doing a sfc /scannow to see if any system files are corrupted or changed

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Why :eek:? I've patched almost everything on my Laptop (authui.dll, explorer.exe, explorerframe.dll etc) using UX! Is there sometjing wrong with it?
Believe me , it made me to reinstall my entire OS once again, i tried every thing ADwcleaner many Rescue discs, but no results, my system used to restart and restart and start. Which used to bring fire under my a**

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I know Venhiem

I have used Universal Theme Patcher with no problems haven't used UX but i know a lot of people that have and is no problem. I don't think he is using it correctly. Unless in a case he is messing with some system files and not doing something right. It does actually modify files but nothing out of the ordinary
u9swwRt.png

these are the files it should patch

But if i had to guess i would have to say that he picked a theme that modified system files. That is the only way your antivirus program will pickup stuff some theme's u have to modify system files to have that nice look nothing wrong as long as u know what u are doing. I would say try doing a sfc /scannow to see if any system files are corrupted or changed
I tried everything, Believe me , it made me to reinstall my entire OS once again, i tried every thing ADwcleaner many Rescue discs, but no results, my system used to restart and restart and start. Which used to bring fire under my a**. Guess what i was warned by @Earth before installing third party themes, and it happenned the same way. Earlier when i was using windows 7 I used to not exp those problem. But now with win 8 this had happenned.

Bill7

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2014
let me see.hmmmmm..probably cryptolocker because you can t restore your files even if you remove the virus

I

illumination

I fear none of them. If i get one nasty enough, i have a universal tool that weighs 10 pounds has a long wooden handle, and i will call it a day...

Reactions: Venustus

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Believe me , it made me to reinstall my entire OS once again, i tried every thing ADwcleaner many Rescue discs, but no results, my system used to restart and restart and start. Which used to bring fire under my a**
For theme, u need to use uxstyle & 7tsp in window 7 coz both have backup option & u can restore ur system original theme , settings & files , can't sure 7tsp will work in window 8 or not.
Here is a great site for theme - http://winempyrean.net

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.