Antivirus
Internet Security
Premium / Total Security
In-depth Comparison

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018
Normally for security geek changes (changes in firewall, BB´s, IPS/IDS, Real-time Protc, etc) my choices are:

1- Kaspersky IS (a lot, really a lot)
2- G-Data TS (Firewall rules and network type changes, firewall set to max. security)
3- Eset (with a lot of tewaks for firewall,IPS/IDS behaviour, HIPS rules, and machine learning to max)
4- Trend-Micro MS (BB to set hiper, rt protection with all activated, web protection set to max)

If i want security without changes, the choice is:

1- F-Secure

For network level protection like ioT protection:

Router with firewall and ips/ids system with ip filetring, anomaly detection and database based on Cisco firewalls for entreprise nevel; TrendMicro for smb/consumer level.

(y)

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
HerdProtect, that's one I haven't heard of in a long time. I used to use it as my second opinion scanner alongside Hitman Pro. Haven't used it, since they closed their product downloads quite some years ago. The new Beta is apparently on a waiting list.
They were stating on their website that they will re-release the software in the coming weeks. Sadly it's been more than a year that they didn't update the website so it's dead apparently.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Malwarebytes
Eset Internet security
Emsisoft Anti-Malware

The 3 have very good malware detection and agressive PUP removal. Till now, never had an infection with these 3. They are all quite small programs compared to big security suites, focused on protection and light on system resources.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.