What movie are you watching or planning to watch?

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
My brother GC and I are the only people in the world I know who saw this anthology TV show, which is a shame, because it was better than expected:

The 2018 science fiction television show Electric Dreams (Season 1) / Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams (Season 1):

Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams Season 1 – Official Trailer | Prime Video:

Description by Rotten Tomatoes:

SERIES INFO​

"Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams" is a 10-episode science-fiction anthology series that journeys into unique worlds beyond the reach of the imagination. Based on short stories written by Dick, each stand-alone episode is inspired by a different story, adapted by a team of leading British and American writers. The all-star cast changes with each episode and includes Bryan Cranston, Steve Buscemi, Greg Kinnear, Timothy Spall and Anna Paquin. "Electric Dreams" is a co-production between the U.K's Channel 4 and Amazon Prime Video.

My Thoughts:

This show was better than I had expected, and I would have never known about it if it were not for me seeing it by accident when browsing a video streaming website.

Sadly no one I know in real life or that I follow online ever mentioned this show, and that is a shame because like Black Mirror it is pretty good and worth seeing.

Neither of these shows are as well-known as they should be, in my opinion, and I am shocked that no one I follow online has reviewed this or even mentioned it yet.

The episodes were ordered differently where I saw them than how they are on Amazon and Wikipedia, and so I saw the episodes in a different order.

This season has more episodes than any season of Black Mirror so far, and so that was good.

At first, my brother GC and I assumed that this would just be a lower budget Black Mirror wannabe that would not stand a chance against it, but we both liked it better than we had expected.

Overall it was of a higher quality than we had expected, and surprisingly it felt more cinematic than Black Mirror at times, with some episodes being more like movies than a television show.

Reactions: Nevi and Trident

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Reactions: goodjohnjr

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Yes, Electric Dreams, it was awhile ago but if I remember correctly I thought about 1/2 the episodes were great, the rest so so.
Thank you for responding @Digmor Crusher.

I recently finished watching Halo (Season 1), I did not hate it as much as most people did, probably thanks to the fact that I only partly played one of the Halo video games back on the first Xbox.

Halo (Season 1):

Halo The Series (2022) | Official Trailer | Paramount+:

Description by Wikipedia:

Halo follows "an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant.

Halo will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future."[7]

Executive producer Kiki Wolfkill revealed that the series is a standalone story that takes place within its own "Silver Timeline" that is separate from and inspired by the core canon and lore of the transmedia franchise rather than a continuation, adaptation, prequel, or sequel, explaining that they wished to give the two Halo canons a chance to evolve individually to suit their media.[8]

This decision has been compared to how Marvel Studios has adapted the Marvel Comics into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.[8]

Honest Trailers | Halo:

My Thoughts:

It definitely had flaws, like a certain annoying & mostly pointless character who was featured too much (*cough* Kwan Ha *cough) & the over the top out of place villain Vinsher Grath, and Master Chief is now Master Cheeks; but I actually kind of liked this show, except for the flaws.

My favorite characters were Makee, Kai-125, Soren-066, Dr. Catherine Halsey, and Cortana; and I liked the use of the alien language.

windows1064

Level 1
Jan 7, 2020

Attachments

• 1681857995827.jpeg
    1681857995827.jpeg
    2.4 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Nevi

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Loved the video. Thanks. Can it compete with The Blacklist?
You are welcome, @amirr, unfortunately I have never seen The Blacklist, I have seen some of the DVD cases for it at my local library, but I have never seen an episode of it.

Liaison (Season 1) was possibly not as good as Homeland (Season 1 & Season 2), it had some flaws & ended with some unresolved issues, but I still think that it is worth watching once.

Last edited:
Reactions: amirr

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Scream Of The Wolf (Wolf Manor):

Wolf Manor (2023) Official UK Trailer:

Description:

During filming of a British, low-budget horror movie, the cast and crew begin disappearing. As the full moon rises, the nightmare begins, and the werewolf strikes.

Starring James Fleet, John Henshaw, Jay Taylor and Thaila Zucchi.

Wolf Manor will be released across all major Digital platforms and on DVD from 9th January.

Description by The IMDb:

Shooting a vampire movie in an old abandoned house should have worked like a dream. However, with the full moon, the nightmare begins. The body count rises as the cast and crew encounter the mansion's resident werewolf.

My Thoughts:

This low-budget werewolf movie had potential, the visuals & several other things were better than expected, but the writing was bad, the movie was longer & more boring than it should have been, and several other issues made this an annoying watch.

My brother GC and I were impressed with the first few seconds, but it went on to annoy us & waste our time; and they even wasted more time with a stinger (after credits) scene that went on longer than usual; though the stinger was better than expected, but like the film it felt more pointless.

Sadly, I would not recommend this movie. (n)(n)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.