Advice Request What password manager to you use as of 2017 ?

• Thread starter WolfensteinXeen
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WolfensteinXeen

Thread author
So it's already July and why not take the time and talk about what password manager do we use as of 2017.

Are you using the native password manager of your browser ? And if you're using a third party one, is it open source such as KeePass or proprietary, stored locally or cloud based, used on your PC only or on all your devices ? And if happen to don't use any password manager at all, what's your trick to ensure your online safety ?

This is not a comparison or about what's THE best password manager, but about what's your favorite one and why you use it. And of course all related talks such as 2 step authentification, password strength, etc...

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author
I've used Stickypassword for years. Largely because its only $24 for a lifetime. But also because they've never had a security flaw or exploit, at least one that anyone has found or disclosed. I use TFA with Sticky, change my MP every 30-90 days, etc. (min 20char MP)

However, I am seriously looking at Bit Warden which seems like a much better product than anything else and the support is remarkable. Another option I am looking into is Keepass with my own secure cloud sync. My main goal is to get away from VA based or AWS hosted products. I don't trust the AWS API or Architecture, especially after the OneLogin API compromise.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I wish there was a way to integrate Password managers with biometric fingerprint sensors. Everytime I have to type or copy paste a password I get worried even though I use anti-keylogging and anti-screenshot. The clipboard is by nature unprotected.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Believe it or not I use brain.exe and some of my passwords are pretty complex but I remember them all off by heart! ;) I also have 5 credit cards + a debit card and all have different PINs. I don't know how I manage to remember them for each card but I do! I mostly use tap here since in Canada pretty much most terminals have tap to pay on them! :)

I guess I've always just had a really amazing memory. I can remember stuff all the way back to when I was 3 years old. My mother is amazed at it. I don't have a photographic memory in case that's what you are thinking! :D

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Lastpass has generally been cheap and the cloud based syncing is one of the main reasons I got it because I need the data on different computers and my phone. It has really come in handy because most if not all my passwords are generated by lastpass and there is no way for me to remember them all.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hello, i guess you started your topic in the wrong forum and I think there is another topic like this topic somewhere In the forum.
Anyway, I Only used LastPass.
idk about others... LastPass is good for me(cuz it's free) but sometimes it's buggy I mean sometimes won't work for some websites and can't generate the password you have to enter the pass manually(or it's only for me? )
4/5 for LastPass:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author
I've been using kaspersky password manager for a couple of years now and very happy with it :)

AKA Stickypassword

Lastpass has had too many breaches/exploits/issues to consider IMO.

Bit Warden functions much better and is opensource w/security audits. It's also free.

I'm using Intel Truekey. My passwords is now strong .

Formerly known as PasswordBox, which screwed every single person out of their lifetime license despite promising to honor them when Intel bought them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Voted other. I switched from LastPass Premium to SafeInCloud, I like it very much, it's free and database is stored in my OneDrive and it have really simple and clean Windows application UI. I also have few years subscription for Kaspersky Password Manager, but I am waiting for them to add more options. The one thing that SafeInCloud lacks is 2FA, but as long as i have it enabled for my OneDrive account, i believe it's equally the same thing. You should check it out if you haven't already, I highly recommend it :) SafeInCloud Password Manager for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Eh. Lastpass does not store your passwords in plain text. They are stored in encrypted form that only your master password can decrypt. My master password is stored inside the vault of my offline password manager. So I'm not worried. Update the master password frequently. No matter what password vault you use. If governments had easy access to LastPass they wouldn't kick down your door in 2017. :p

I wish LastPass had an option to automatically change all of your passwords on the sites you log on to.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
If governments had easy access to LastPass they wouldn't kick down your door in 2017. :p

lastpass or no lastpass, the government is watching all you do & they will slam your door if they wish to :p

I wish LastPass had an option to automatically change all of your passwords on the sites you log on to.

wow :eek: that is like giving a lot of control to an app. no offense @DeepWeb but that seems risky to me. just my two cents mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.