Advice Request What security solution are you using?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

I'm currently using...

• Antivirus only

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Antivirus + anti exe

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Antivirus + anti exe + hardening tools

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Antivirus + anti exe + hardening tools + more

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Only anti exe

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Only hardening tools

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Only SRP

• Next gen solution (+ more if the case)

• Other (specify)

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Nothing at all

• Total voters

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
This is by no way a "what's the best antivirus" thread. So do not vote your favourite suite, instead vote for the current solution you're using. If you have more than one PC with different security software, vote according to the suite installed on your main PC/device.

The objective of the thread is to see what's currently the most used solutions in this forum :)

Useful definitions:
Anti exe: anti executables such as VoodooShield
Hardening tools: such as OSArmor
SRP: software restriction policies
Next Gen Solution: such as AppGuard
Restoring tools: such as Shadow Defender, DeepFreeze

Feel free to specify your used software below, although we may already know if you posted your security config :geek::cool:

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
If I'm not wrong then hardening tools mean something which actually tweak your pc... osarmor ain't that it's an anti-exploit with extra layer of defense. It doesn't tweak your pc,at least not till now.

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
I use Bitdefender Total Security 2018 as my primary AV, then Malwarebytes Free and Hitman Pro as secondary. I recently replaced Zemana with Emsisoft Emergency Kit, since Zemana isn't doing as well as it used to. I also use novirusthanks Anti-AutoExec and novirusthanks EXE Radar Pro.

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
If I'm not wrong then hardening tools mean something which actually tweak your pc... osarmor ain't that it's an anti-exploit with extra layer of defense. It doesn't tweak your pc,at least not till now.
I would say it's far more than an anti exploit tool! I attached some interesting features but sadly I don't want do 100 screenshots, there's far more :D

Attachments

• 2018-07-06 12_37_07-NoVirusThanks OSArmor Configurator.png
    2018-07-06 12_37_07-NoVirusThanks OSArmor Configurator.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 2018-07-06 12_37_14-NoVirusThanks OSArmor Configurator.png
    2018-07-06 12_37_14-NoVirusThanks OSArmor Configurator.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 2018-07-06 12_37_36-NoVirusThanks OSArmor Configurator.png
    2018-07-06 12_37_36-NoVirusThanks OSArmor Configurator.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 2018-07-06 12_37_46-(2) Q&A - What security solution are you using_ _ MalwareTips Forums - Ava...png
    2018-07-06 12_37_46-(2) Q&A - What security solution are you using_ _ MalwareTips Forums - Ava...png
    23.8 KB · Views: 367
  • 2018-07-06 12_37_51-(2) Q&A - What security solution are you using_ _ MalwareTips Forums - Ava...png
    2018-07-06 12_37_51-(2) Q&A - What security solution are you using_ _ MalwareTips Forums - Ava...png
    20.9 KB · Views: 357

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I would say it's far more than an anti exploit tool!

that's what I said...Osarmor=anti-exploit with extra layer of defense...syshardener can be considered as hardening tools as it actually tweaks your pc... osarmor doesn't do so...& most of this newly added features are/were part of syshardener. The only difference between syshardener & osarmor is that osarmor demands real-time process, on the other hand syshardener tweaks your systems. In turn syshardener doesn't create any whitelistings or blacklistings for apps but you can do so in case of osarmor. But according to you, "Most anti-exe's will work as wihtelistening software".So we are having a little bit of breakdown here...

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Tencent PC Manager Global (an Antivirus only solution, with realtime Bitdefender signatures as bonus, offers new versions often, and popups once it finds one, in-app-upgrade) + Sphinx Software Windows 10 Firewall Control Free (kinda Default-Deny Firewall, with tons of popups on first run, however, once processes are whitelisted by user, very useful. Only drawback I have found so far: the free version does not allow rule edits for Windows processes - they are preset as whitelisted. You need to pay for changing that preset - it's even there in the paid ones).

Light setup, I like it so far!

Did not feel the need to reinstall AppCheck AntiRansomware yet, because I have no personal files nor an active mail account on my laptop (I use it for malware testing, with Shadow Defender environment).

Boot-time with SSD: 4-4.2 sec

Of course I have have plenty 2nd opinion scanning / information products on hand, which I use regularly, but that wasn't the question.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.