Advice Request What security solution are you using?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

I'm currently using...

• Antivirus only

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Antivirus + anti exe

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Antivirus + anti exe + hardening tools

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Antivirus + anti exe + hardening tools + more

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Only anti exe

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Only hardening tools

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Only SRP

• Next gen solution (+ more if the case)

• Other (specify)

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Nothing at all

• Total voters

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
Have you done some exploitation testing ?
I haven't done much myself :(.
nah, me neither. and to be honest not a whole malware samples pass eset so i could really see the efficacy of hmp.a. (this is why i would recomend eset to everyone). but in most cases hmp.a notifies me like an av would do- "malware detected", so i`m guessing eset`s behavior/script/exploit shields are doing a great job.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
nah, me neither. and to be honest not a whole malware samples pass eset so i could really see the efficacy of hmp.a. (this is why i would recomend eset to everyone). but in most cases hmp.a notifies me like an av would do- "malware detected", so i`m guessing eset`s behavior/script/exploit shields are doing a great job.
ESET is better then the poor cloud AV in hitman while having lower false positives .
But in my experience ESET is a little heavier on IO/ram.

Reactions: Nevi

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
ESET is better then the poor cloud AV in hitman while having lower false positives .
But in my experience ESET is a little heavier on IO/ram.
it doesn`t look it usses alot of ram. i`ll attach some prtscr. eset vs kaspersky
eset.png
kav.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.