Advice Request What security solution do MT users use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
@Sorrento does K7 install easily and uninstall clean? :unsure:
One of the more difficulted AV's to uninstall - I used HiBit to start with but ended up with an unusual amount of registry entries afterward along with quite a few folders that were still live - I removed most with Reg Organiser & sorted most folders with Free Commander - After checking for drivers in Driver Store there were three that it couldn't remove, so ended up searching & used Take Ownership with Free Commander - I eventually removed them, but took a while. I appreciate that some aren't to fussy about drivers but sorted it all - I did find an uninstaller after the event (doh) & it found nothing. If you with to try K7 I suggest creating an image first.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Unimpressed with the K7 uninstaller, left a fair amount of dross behind, including folders / reg entries as frankly most uninstallers do including ESET & especially Norton - I did a better job so imaged back :):) Regardless of all things I usually end back up at some point with F-Secure :eek::eek:

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
Windows 11 pro- updates turned on with Eset IS with @RoboMan 's recommended config.
All is in Virtual Box with Feren OS as main OS. 😈
Formatted all and installed Zorin OS as main and only OS. Updates turned on and set to daily checking.
Firewall turned on and set to "deny" for inbound connections.
Google chrome browser with enhanced protection turned on, forced https everywhere turned on, avira extension, mbam extension, cyberghost extension, ubo extension, lastpass extension.
Google account syncronized with Zorin's apps- mail, calendar, to do's.
DNS changend to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)
Backup when needed on external HDD.
Everything clean, beautiful, secure and lightining fast!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.