Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Pixelman

Level 4
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have ProtonVpn (free) and paid Adguard on my Android. As I can't use both, I need your opinion on what makes more sense to use.

If you ask me for what purpose. Well, I don't use my phone for banking, games, shopping. Only for social networks, location search and map.
Both security and privacy are important to me (well, as much as possible nowadays anyway).

Thanks!

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You can use Adguard without local vpn, you instead use wifi or ''proxy'' for routing, its not as effective as vpn for working but it still works if you want to use actual vpn instead

So i would use protonVPN and adguard both together, proton in actual vpn slot, and router adguard throught wifi or proxy slot

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Hi everyone,

I have ProtonVpn (free) and paid Adguard on my Android. As I can't use both, I need your opinion on what makes more sense to use.

If you ask me for what purpose. Well, I don't use my phone for banking, games, shopping. Only for social networks, location search and map.
Both security and privacy are important to me (well, as much as possible nowadays anyway).

Thanks!
Your latter statement says it all basically "as much as possible". Utilizing social media account apps on your phone or via browser either negates that option already. Then just as choosing your ISP, choosing a company you trust with your information is the same, as it will be still in their hands. Will the company encrypt your transmissions just to sell your information to a 3rd party anyway :unsure:

So many decisions to consider. Personally i have discovered to simplify life, one could always just use a phone as a phone, and do the rest on a computer "desktop/laptop" and secure those "as much as possible". I use google VPN for my android, will it give me real privacy, well... Does it enforce some sense of security, it does to an extent on both. Since I use many google services and android itself is google, i choose to place my trust in that, as one might as well, using their services, then i would a third party audited by another third party if that makes sense.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.