Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

obada321

Thread author
Nov 1, 2012
Hello there

I want ask I install Emsisoft anti malware but I dont now what the best to put with what the best and light

comodo firewall or online armor firewall

thanks

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
I like both, so my suggestion would be to try them.
Comodo is slightly lighter on memory.

I use Emsisoft Internet Security with OA Premium.
So for compatibility i choose Online Armor in the poll.

D

Deleted member 178

In addition of what said NRG, both offer the same level of protection.

Comodo Fw will need its AV module to remove threats detected by the cloud.

Online Armor uses EAM cloud, So i suggest OAP.

Note: OAP conflict with Virtual Box and disable aero when used with Sandboxie

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I'd say you'll probably have less issues with Comodo plus it's lighter i'm pretty sure...OA has a bad rep of causing bsod's

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'd assume OA has better compatibility with Emsisoft, both being under the same roof.

ctrlaltdelete

Oct 9, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Note: OAP conflict with Virtual Box and disable aero when used with Sandboxie

It's an issue with the bridged network driver, the driver should be fixed by VirtualBox. Install VirtualBox without the bridged network driver, use NAT instead and there's no conflict with OA.

Virtualbox forum seems down at this moment. If it's up again, read this topic: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48044

Disabled aero is caused by the colored border OA shows on programs set to run safer. If sandboxie's restricted rights are used, it's detected by OA as 'runsafer' and the colored border is shown.
Disable the option to show a colored border in OA (Programs > Options) and there's no issue with aero.

obada321

Thread author
Nov 1, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
or he can use my old combo : CIS + EAM ^^

thanks

but my ram is very less I try it but its very Heavy

Now I dont know what the best comodo or online armor firwall

I wait the other member

D

Deleted member 178

ctrlaltdelete said:
It's an issue with the bridged network driver, the driver should be fixed by VirtualBox. Install VirtualBox without the bridged network driver, use NAT instead and there's no conflict with OA.

Virtualbox forum seems down at this moment. If it's up again, read this topic: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48044

Thanks, good to know. it should be sticked on Emsi. support forum in "known issues"

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.