What was your first second-opinion scanner?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Ad-aware and Spybot if they could be considered as such. MBAM more recently. Zemana currently.
Me2 when it comes to Spybot :) Don't like the new versions that much, to advertised :) MBAM too, combinded with HMP and HMP.A short time EEK, now very happy with ZAM Premium (testers license) and still HMP.(A) :)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
**Please remember that this is your first or first few seond opinion scanners, NOT the ones you like or use now.**

MalwareBytes Antimalware. Was recommended everywhere so i gave it a try. With the ugly GUI.

malwarebytes.gif
I liked that UI, I'm the only one that liked it :(.

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
**Please remember that this is your first or first few seond opinion scanners, NOT the ones you like or use now.**

I liked that UI, I'm the only one that liked it :(.

I mean, back in the day it was great. When all softwares had that simple interface. Simply now, advanced then. Now, with all the material design stuff, and the designing softwares getting constantly updated, it's much more easier to create better looking UI's. And simple is seen as old. If i could correct myself, i'd remove "ugly" and say "outdated".

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Spysweeper by Webroot

and then Ad-aware SE by Lavasoft

Around 10 years pass 2004-2014 and now I use MalwareBytes ! I also tried out Spybot Search and Destroy but currently use just one, MBAM free for scans and removal.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.