Avira internet security
Eset internet security
Zonealarm extreme security
Panda dome
Comodo internet security
Other ...?
Compare
Performance and System Impact
Computer protection (Antivirus engine, Heuristic engine)
Internet protection (Web Guard, Anti-Phishing, Antispam, Browser extension)
Proactive protection (Behavior blocker, HIPS, Sandbox)
Network protection (Firewall, Botnet protection)
Ransomware protection
Features

Brie

Level 8
My system slowed down with Kaspersky Security Cloud, so I'm back to Bitdefender Free (the boot time problem has disappeared) coupled with Sphinxsoft Firewall Control Free. Anything else I put in the browser (like NoScript and uBlock Origin), and free versions of secondary scanners (MalwareBytes and Zemana).
i would have got hitman pro and emsisoft emergency kit as secondary scanners. ;)

tlacenka

Level 2
Pre-moderated
@Local Host , @blackice
i look at the rules for hips and called to eset support, they said, it uses sha1 hash, but u cannot make rule in hips for this change
what i want: hips ask me, if i allow/deny this exe. make rule from this decission. if the file change (update) ask me again.
maybe its stupid rule, but i think, thats the way it should work. - if i am wrong, correct me please.

blackice

Level 6
@Local Host , @blackice
i look at the rules for hips and called to eset support, they said, it uses sha1 hash, but u cannot make rule in hips for this change
what i want: hips ask me, if i allow/deny this exe. make rule from this decission. if the file change (update) ask me again.
maybe its stupid rule, but i think, thats the way it should work. - if i am wrong, correct me please.
That’s beyond my knowledge of their HIPS. However this would still be a case where there was either a supply chain attack, or something got past the web filter and hijacked something (which can happen). For things like powershell it is best to deny access to all programs, if you allow anything to access it then you are risking having a hole in the rule that could be exploited. It’s the trade off between usability and security. Again I am not extremely knowledgeable about HIPS. I just got the basics of rule making down. Having the basic rules will give better than average security. For average use this will stop a lot of average malware. Most security solutions have holes against advanced threats and targeted attacks. In those cases default deny is advisable and even then there are risks.

devjit2018

Level 9
Tester
Verified
@Local Host , @blackice
Why don't you use a simple anti exe like NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro. Then you won't have to worry about configuring the HIPS. And if you're too paranoid, use OSArmor alongwith Exe Radar Pro. Using these two with ESET won't slow down your PC.