What would U use for a Cloud Backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I have my own cloud on my own server within a Dutch based Data center. So no fees, No limitations and certainly no snooping eyes in my data or that of my costumers. Works to me like a charm.
I personally would not use a foreign cloud solution even its for free. There is to much BS going on where little rules within the EULA makes you authorize the use of your data for other reasons other then the actual storage.
Thanks but no thank you.

That said there are some good cloud solutions within the EU and most of them offer pretty good services i personally could not comment on US based cloud services other then a few big names.
I think if you have no critical data and you are just storing basic things then any cloud provider of choice can do well.
So i think its what the client wants and where...

Reactions: Oxygen

aliloxton

Verified
Oct 11, 2013
I have my own cloud on my own server within a Dutch based Data center. So no fees, No limitations and certainly no snooping eyes in my data or that of my costumers. Works to me like a charm.
I personally would not use a foreign cloud solution even its for free. There is to much BS going on where little rules within the EULA makes you authorize the use of your data for other reasons other then the actual storage.
Thanks but no thank you.

That said there are some good cloud solutions within the EU and most of them offer pretty good services i personally could not comment on US based cloud services other then a few big names.
I think if you have no critical data and you are just storing basic things then any cloud provider of choice can do well.
So i think its what the client wants and where...
Just wondering what would you use for Cloud Backup of Computers/Laptops? To backup the whole computer?

The prices of Cloud Backup drop so much I am thinking of
Cloud Backup for each of my Computers?

I am looking at the following Cloud Backup Services,
> JustCloud,
> livedrive,
> Mozy and BackupGenie.

JustCloud seem to have good customer service. Could you provide Pro's and Con's for the above cloud backup services. Or provide one that
you are using?
Recently we have upgraded to cloud version of Deep Freeze software. Its a restoring software which will freeze the system configuration after installation. We were using the backup software previously but Deep Freeze doing well for us. No need to take backup once your data is freezed.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I was having my 500GB Harddrive from my previous dell laptop, I just got an harddrive enclosure (for $4.5, cheap in our country) & now I've backed up everything in it so that I can format my pc while installing windows 10 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.