What's in Your System Tray? - Icon Show Off

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
maybe the HIPS, because I also follow the CS' setting but with HIPS enabled. how you change BD free to BD IS? it didnt require to uninstall the CFW? when I use this combo the BD required to uninstall CFW first,
I did a tutorial for BD Free to explain how to install BD Free without uninstalling:
Installing BD Free alongside other products

For BDIS, I've saved my CFW settings, uninstall CFW, Install BDIS, reinstall CFW, restore settings

Yuriel

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2016
Mine

System Tray.jpg

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I did a tutorial for BD Free to explain how to install BD Free without uninstalling:
Installing BD Free alongside other products

For BDIS, I've saved my CFW settings, uninstall CFW, Install BDIS, reinstall CFW, restore settings
Have you ever managed to get BD free working with Comodo firewall? Everytime I try I have major issues which is a shame because it's a solid combo.

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Have you ever managed to get BD free working with Comodo firewall? Everytime I try I have major issues which is a shame because it's a solid combo.
Yes, no problem, as said a few post up, I'm using CFW with cruelsister's settings, so the HIPS is OFF, and no problem with BD Free. With BD-IS, I've disabled all the modules (so FW OFF) to be the most possible in the same confuration of BD Free (except ATC Agressive). Very light combo on my old machine.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Yes, no problem, as said a few post up, I'm using CFW with cruelsister's settings, so the HIPS is OFF, and no problem with BD Free. With BD-IS, I've disabled all the modules (so FW OFF) to be the most possible in the same confuration of BD Free (except ATC Agressive). Very light combo on my old machine.
Did you disable virusscipe? I only ask because I'd really like to try BD free with Comodo firewall but last time I tried it caused issues. Did you also make exclusions in both products? I'm guessing it may have been a problem with CF because it has been a good few months since I last tried using them together. Thanks for the quick reply.

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Did you disable virusscipe? I only ask because I'd really like to try BD free with Comodo firewall but last time I tried it caused issues. Did you also make exclusions in both products? I'm guessing it may have been a problem with CF because it has been a good few months since I last tried using them together. Thanks for the quick reply.
I've kept Viruscope, and did not made any exclusion for BD. I've just disabled the web filter, not because it was slowing down, but I've never seen it blocking something, and I've read some guys was complaining about slowing down the surf... Just the Cruelsister's settings, plus custom ruleset mode for the FW (cause I wanted to have the notifications for outbound)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I've kept Viruscope, and did not made any exclusion for BD. I've just disabled the web filter, not because it was slowing down, but I've never seen it blocking something, and I've read some guys was complaining about slowing down the surf... Just the Cruelsister's settings, plus custom ruleset mode for the FW (cause I wanted to have the notifications for outbound)
Thanks for the info and thank you too ahity

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Looks bad, but it's less than it appears usually :

System Tray.jpg

Kiwi Application Monitor for monitoring RAM usage of apps, Process Lasso (various capabilities), App-Check A/R, Intel Rapid Storage, Safely Remove Hardware, System Scheduler (various tasks), Virtual CloneDrive (Elaborate Bytes), 360 Total Security, EMET 5.5, MS Mouse w/o Borders (mouse control for multiple PCs), MS Insomnia, Zemana AM, Networx (Network usage monitor), Comodo FW, 360 Document Protect, NVT ERP.

I will probably shut down Intel Rapid Storage, and Insomnia is to keep the PC awake. I use a sleep app that regulates MS sleep by preventing sleep when certain apps are open. I open Insomnia to block it from sending the PC to sleep when I won't be using one of those apps.

It's an elaborate setup security-wise, but the protections seem to be working well together at this point. Mostly it's so many programs, so that I can get some experience with programs I like.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.