Advice Request Whats the different between CIS free and paid

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Farhad24

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 24, 2021
Hi,
well Q is in title

I was thinking about switching to COMODO, and i prefer to have a complete suite instead of the free firewall only.
so i might consider buying CIS Pro if it has actually some more features more than the CIS free.

i could not find a comparison of CIS Pro or Comlpete for example with CIS Free in their website so yup. here i am.

Thanks in advance.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
i could not find a comparison of CIS Pro or Comlpete for example with CIS Free in their website so yup. here i am.
The Comodo website is a complete mess. They advertise both their new and old package names, for example, CIS Pro, Premium, Plus and Complete.

The cloud backup is provided by Acronis. Link: Backup Protection - Cyber Protection Solutions - Acronis

Comodo Internet Security FREE is good enough. Rather you pay for a good backup or cloud solution.

I have seen "CS config" for Comodo recommended frequently, more below:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Feel free to get the free version. Cloud backups are available from other companies and MT members are willing to support software issues. Whether or not it will be resolved is another matter, but so is official support.:)

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
What the others have already said @Farhad24 The only difference between Pro and free is there's live PC support some VPN (depending on package) but everything else is the same.

Easiest way to install it is to use the Offline installer from the release topic in the forums.The online installer includes some other programs such as:

- Comodo Dragon which isn't updated as regular as chrome and you can download that separately if you really want to try it out.

- Internet Security essentials which is Man-in-the middle protection but that only works at system and internet explorer level and hasn't been updated in over a year

- Comodo Secure Shopping which you can install separately directly from the Comodo UI at any point. Again, it has a couple of issues but useful for those who use it.

**You should also deselect using Comodo DNS and Yahoo search when installing**

Comodo updates are a bit few and far between, current version came out in January/February and before that I think it was beginning of 2020 or late 2019 ,but it's a very capable product and great at protecting you against ransomware. It can leave a couple of bits after you uninstall it on some systems so use the Uninstaller afterwards.

Long story short - stick with the free versions, there aren't any limitations or nags.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
- Comodo Dragon which isn't updated as regular as chrome and you can download that separately if you really want to try it out.

- Internet Security essentials which is Man-in-the middle protection but that only works at system and internet explorer level and hasn't been updated in over a year
To add

It is recommended to avoid any clone versions that lag behind the main channels. Comodo may advertise their browser is better, but it's not when they cannot be bothered to maintain it. Same applies to browsers provided by other security companies.

Stay with using browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi etc.

Internet Explorer will eventually be removed from Windows 10. The default browser for Windows 10 is Microsoft Edge (the Chromium-based version).
Link: Microsoft is finally retiring Internet Explorer in 2022

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
geek support and a $500 guarantee that your system will stay clean.

Attachments

• comodo.jpg
    comodo.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 196

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.