Advice Request What's your Browser on iOS and Android?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Android: Naked Browser with my customized adblock list (adblock plus format) + system-wise: adhell with 15k domains
iOS: Safari + adguard free + system-wise: adguard DNS + weblock

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I don't recommend buying BlackFog iOS version, because it sucks at adblocking and AdGuard does better job at everything that BlackFog tries to do. Android version was supposed to be released at the end of September, but i don't think it's out yet :D

I really regret that i paid for BlackFog and i don't really use it anymore.
BlackFog Privacy is never marketed as an adblocker in the first place. However, it does block some ads. Read below

BlackFog Fileless Cybersecurity and GDPR Privacy Protection

Reactions: oldschool

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
BlackFog Privacy is never marketed as an adblocker in the first place. However, it does block some ads. Read below

BlackFog Fileless Cybersecurity and GDPR Privacy Protection
still, adguard free + safari can do 90% of what Blackfog can do and in some aspects such as blocking ad/tracking, adguard can do much better with proper filters
more importantly, due to some restrictions, almost no browser is faster than safari (without adblocker)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Well they do say on app store that "Blocking advertising on over 99% of sites" and thats why i was thinking that it would be good adblocker.
If uBO is avaliable for iOS set in Hard Mode and and add some filters to it. Use BlackFog Privacy for what's it's intended for. I'm also waiting for the Android version

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.