What's your favorite web browser and add ons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silviu_c

Feb 28, 2011
I have no favorites, they all suck. I used firefox. With linux and proper video driver, firefox renders fast because it uses cairo. Well, what is the use in it being fast if its dumb as a brick? I subscribe via google reader to a few podcasts. Those have a "pop-out" link that is supposed to pop-out a small window containing the player and that gives me the freedom to browse other news feeds while listening to the podcast. Well the way this works on various browsers is this:

- firefox 3.6 - works as intended
- chrome - ditto
- opera - yep, still works
- firefox 4 - no dice, opens empty small window
- IE8 and IE9 - these are so dumb it's not even funny, they try to preload every cast in the feed with the default media player for the source file mentioned in the feed (mp3, mp4 etc) and nothing works - not pretty at all

So I end up using one, get frustrated over some stupidity and change to the other, use that for some time until that frustrates me and then I ditch it and go back to the one I left only to find out that the bug I reported months ago was not fixed and get frustrated again.

Addons and extensions alleviate the problems and lack of functionality some browsers have but they still feel like lipstick on a pig's lips.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Firefox with WOT and ABP. I don't really need anything else.

I have a soft spot for chrome. but I couldn't switch to it fully.

Farmer

May 10, 2011
Because of that sometimes does not sin at Vulpecula decided to look for an alternative to it. Well, I've found is called
SRWare Iron. Browser is based on the Chromium-source and offers the same features as Chrome - but without the critical points, which relate to the protection prywatności.Możemy therefore create a browser from which you can use the innovative features, without worrying about your privacy. As in Firefox, here too we can install the extension. It also fit the extensions, which are intended to Google Chrome. The browser is extremely fast. I have it installed four extensions:
-Adblock responsible for blocking ads. Is as good as his counterpart in the FF.
Screen-Capture, which captures the visible part of the card, the selected portion or the entire page as a PNG image.
-Search Engine, which looks for pages on Google Maps, Bing, Yahoo, YT, and Wikipedia. You can add your own search engine. He remembers looking text and used the search engine.
Plug-1Password 1Password installed the program, which is responsible for a password.

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
I use Opera, no extensions needed cause everything I need is already integrated. Saves me a lot of ram and searching ;)

eXp

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Farmer said:
Because of that sometimes does not sin at Vulpecula decided to look for an alternative to it. Well, I've found is called
SRWare Iron. Browser is based on the Chromium-source and offers the same features as Chrome - but without the critical points, which relate to the protection prywatności.Możemy therefore create a browser from which you can use the innovative features, without worrying about your privacy. As in Firefox, here too we can install the extension. It also fit the extensions, which are intended to Google Chrome. The browser is extremely fast. I have it installed four extensions:
-Adblock responsible for blocking ads. Is as good as his counterpart in the FF.
Screen-Capture, which captures the visible part of the card, the selected portion or the entire page as a PNG image.
-Search Engine, which looks for pages on Google Maps, Bing, Yahoo, YT, and Wikipedia. You can add your own search engine. He remembers looking text and used the search engine.
Plug-1Password 1Password installed the program, which is responsible for a password.

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php
My favorite of the Chromium offerings, always prefer this over Google Chrome and it is SO FREAKING FASSSSSSSST! :cool:

acuariano

May 16, 2011
i used ie8 and simple adblock for blocking ads..i have no problems with speed,,
i used also opera,is very fast too,but i see it has a problem consuming ram
i also like sware iron,fast too,the problem is bookmark bar ,if click on alwas show bookmark bar it creates anothe line or space with all bookmarks folders=looks ugly

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
acuariano said:
i used also opera,is very fast too,but i see it has a problem consuming ram
Opera is very resource consuming, at least on windows, but it's the only browser that gets the job done in my experience of having a very poor internet connection quality.
I'll have to check it's usage on other Operating Systems, but I remember it being a lot less.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Opera is designed in such a way to utilize memory as it does and unless there exists a bug or problem specific to the system on which it is installed it generally doesn't cause a problem in the way that it functions. (I also have 12BG of DDR3 so I tend to not worry but even lower equipped systems this applies)

stevan4

Jun 2, 2011
1st choice: Iternet Explorer 9 - WOT and Tracking Protection (EasyList)
2nd choice: Firefox - WOT, AB+, FlashBlock, TinEye, Flagfox, gTranslate and WebMail Notifier.

Firefox was my choise for over 4 years but in this 2-3 months after it's release I get used to browse with Internet Explorer 9.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Be aware that a cookie-jacking flaw in all Internet Explorer on Windows, allow hackers to steal cookies containing your credentials.
-(Source)

To be honest, I wouldn't use IE as a primary web browser.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
My favourite web broswer would have to be Firefox.
Favourite add on.... Adblock Plus and YT video download helper.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
My favorite browser is Firefox. The only extensions that I use
are; NoScript, Adblock and DownloadHelper. Plugins, I have a
huge distaste for plugins so I got rid of all of them with the only
exception of Flash. I use Flash on Youtube, basically nowhere
else if it can be avoided.

Bo

EatingACookie

Jun 14, 2011
Right now I'm using Opera. I have been going to chrome every now and then, but I love Operas speed dial!
The extensions I use for it are Snap Links, ExtendTube, Opera AdBlock, and Kick Ass.
Kick Ass is just fun to play around with :p

D

Deleted member 178

Palemoon 5 x64 with those addons:

- Security: Browser Protect, Ghostery, No Script, Adblock Plus, WOT, Last Pass
- Mail: Webmail Notifier
- Tool: Speed Dial, All-in-one Sidebar,

I

illumination

Right now, my favorite would be Comodo Dragon. I am using it with Ad Block Plus and Lastpass.

Guardian Angel

Jun 30, 2011
I had tried many web browsers in my days; however, I keep going back to one which is no one of my favorites: Firefox, as for addons it would be Adblock Plus with Element Hider. It's just so nice for once to not see ads all over the place and if there is a few ads which Adblock Plus miss you can hide them yourself.

I

illumination

My favorite is Comodo Dragon with:
-Ad Block Plus
-Lastpass

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am beginning to think that the Extensions are becoming more important to what web browser you choose.

A good example is the lack of AdBlock Plus support for Internet Explorer (for many reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.