What's your favorite web browser and add ons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Thread author
Feb 27, 2011
My favorite is Firefox due to it's good security and it's open source. I don't use any add ons. I do sometimes use Google Chrome but most of the time Firefox. What is your favorite web browser? :p

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Google Chrome Dev. > Favorite add-on : WOT .. I couldn't live without it. :D

RandomGuy

Feb 27, 2011
This list is for firefox. k? lol:
Show IP
FireBug
GreaseMonkey
Ad-Block Plus
Ad-Block Plus for popup windows
ChatZilla
and that is it :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My favourite web browser (for 2011) is Google Chrome.

I can't live without ABP for Chrome (beta) and WOT. :lol:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
LastPass is a must for me.
AddBlock Plus comes second (The Internet is scary with all the ads)
Xmarks Bookmarks Syncronizer
Greasemonkey, HTTPS-Everywhere, TreeStyle Tab, Wot, Firebug...etc. I don't rate WOT too high because I keep visiting the same sites.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Properly written extensions should not take up to much RAM. Also browsers ram usage increased once the content on web-pages improved. Years ago you would only have a html, now you have pictures, flash animations/movies etc. All this needs to be cached in ram so you it can be accessed as fast as possible. IMO RAM usage is not an issue as long as the browser is secure and fast. Flash does eat some CPU though.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
My choice now and for probably well over 5+ years at the least would be Opera. Addons or extensions, although I loved Opera without any and enjoy adding externally launched programs from within the Opera interface if I had to choose an actual extension it would probably be the one I use which pops a preview of a picture up when moused over so that I can preview it without the need to click it. I used some customized userjavascripts before but now some of them can be replaced with extensions. Actual it would be two that deal with images that are just so handy...

Image Preview Popup
https://addons.opera.com/addons/extensions/details/image-preview-popup/2.6.5/

Image Sizer
https://addons.opera.com/addons/extensions/details/image-sizer/1.0.4/?display=en

Of course Opera and its features to me at least makes it the absolute best browser, plus they add many features and other browsers seem to take note and follow suit.

Farmer

May 10, 2011
Do not interrupt a few I use Firefox because of security and a large selection of plugins for it. At this moment I am using eight plug-ins which include:
Td3hg.png

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I now have 4 browsers at my fingertips and I am happy with them all. I recently downloaded Comodo Dragon. It is lean and mean like Google Chrome, which I have as well. I also have Firefox, which I use almost as much as GC. I utilize Opera, sometimes. I am pleased with all 4.

I NEVER use IE. I cannot even reinstall it on my PC. I guess I wiped it off too well. Even if IE becomes the best browser ever, someone will still have to hold a gun to my head for me to even try it.

If I had to choose, I will say that Chrome is my favorite, but I trust Mozilla more since I am secure from key loggers since I am able to utilize Keyscrambler with it.

It is wonderful that we have so many quality browsers to choose from these days.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
my fav is firefox 4.0.1
with add-ons : AdBlock plus and WOT
and with few customization add-on
^^

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Firefox 4.0.1

My addons (Linux) was

AdBlock Plus
WOT
Certificate Patrol
Security Search Engine
Browser Protect

bowlby4

May 12, 2011
I have IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome installed on my system. My favorite is Opera. The best extensions for Opera, at least for me is:
Reddit Enhancement Suite
Snap Links
Tab Vault OR To-Read sites
Up For Everyone
YouTube Autoplay Killer

pss0612

May 13, 2011
My favorite browser is Firefox
plus
1Password
Adblock Plus
DownloadHelper
FoxTab1.4.2b
Imgur Uploader
Google Toolbar for Firefox
Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.