Whats your favourite browser, and why?

Whats your favourite browser?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy

Thread author
Feb 27, 2011
Well if you ask me it is FireFox, I absolutely <3 Firefox for its addons and persona's and how it is so customizable. I used to be a Internet Explorer user until 2 years ago.(YUCK)

So let let me ask you, whats Your favourite browser and why?

-RandomGuy

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011
Comodo Dragon. I used Chrome until I learned how nosy Google is. I don't like too many add-ons, simplicity is key as far as I'm concerned.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Opera, for so many years I have enjoyed it and now the option for extensions makes it nicer, plus I can easily edit and add externally launch-able programs from within Opera and do other edits which I feel make it nicer to use. Opera is fast and super customizable so I cannot think of reasons not to use it.

(BTW, if you like Comodo Dragon due to Chromes spying eyes then SRWare Iron is I feel even better than CD.)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Chrome - first and most important reason : speed. Other reasons : UI , Simple and Features

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Comodo Dragon.

It's just a fast as Google Chrome (and mots of the same extensions work), but it doesn't have the drawback of Google spying on me. ;)

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Firefox for me because of the add-ons and extensions which I can use in order to add that little bit more of security as well as many other things. I do keep a close eye on CD to see how its coming along and have to say that it's getting better and better with each new revision, but for now sticking with Firefox. Once CD matures and offer support for my favourite add-ons then maybe I will switch over, but doubt it as its a wait and see on what FF v4 offers.

Have tried Opera and thinks that's okay, but not for me... as for IE *cringe* I think I will never give them the benefit of the doubt due to the way it's tied to the OS (no matter how much they try to convince me/themselfs!) haha.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
I use Chrome. I want to have addons that work (With Dragon there is a chance they won't), and I don't care much about Google's "spying" (if it was my emails, maybe).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: What's your favourite browser, and why?

Jack said:
Chrome - first and most important reason : speed.

I use Chrome too, but what do you mean by speed?

For me Chrome on first launch after (say, a reboot), takes a while to "be ready for use".

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I've been a major Firefox fan for years.

I'm running Comodo Dragon pretty much full time now.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
LaserWraith said:
I use Chrome. I want to have addons that work (With Dragon there is a chance they won't), and I don't care much about Google's "spying" (if it was my emails, maybe).

This is another reason I prefer SRWare Iron over Comodo Dragon, secure, fast, no Google spying, and I found many add-ons work better than they did with CD. (I only toy with SRWare really, Opera is still my top choice without question):cool:

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Blah, Opera kept crashing on me. Do you know how annoying it is to write something in a form for about 10 minutes only to have Opera crash right before you submit? :p

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
LaserWraith said:
Blah, Opera kept crashing on me. Do you know how annoying it is to write something in a form for about 10 minutes only to have Opera crash right before you submit? :p

Sorry to hear it, been using Opera for well over 5 years now and couldn't, make that wouldn't want to surf the net without it personally. To each their own. :cool:

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Tweak said:
Sorry to hear it, been using Opera for well over 5 years now and couldn't, make that wouldn't want to surf the net without it personally. To each their own. :cool:

Yep. I sometimes wonder if the problem lay partly with LastPass. They were only recently able to make an extension for Opera....so it was kind of buggy.

I may try it sometime again, but Chrome has always been reliable, and has rarely crashed at all. The multiple processes get annoying to look at in task manager though. :)

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I love Firefox, and Chrome. But I just like Firefox more because, unlike other people, Firefox is faster for me, and somewhat more stable. I love the add-ons, best part of the browser (for me at least).

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've added a poll ! so you can now vote :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
LaserWraith said:
The multiple processes get annoying to look at in task manager though. :)
I agree with you there, sometimes I end processes from within Chrome. :lol: :p

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
In the poll when you say Chrome do you mean Google Chrome or Chromium browsers?

I ask because I use Comodo Dragon, which is a Chromium browser, but I wouldn't want to accidentally vote for Google Chrome.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
I have to say Firefox even though I am presently playing around with Chrome which seems a bit quicker. Firefox is my choice due to familiarity and overall feel.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
I used to use Firefox...but it was too slow for me. Chrome is a bit faster.

Opera was even faster, but it was more unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.