When I buy VMware Workstation Pro how many PCS can I use it on? Only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A single PC at any one time.

Can I switch between Windows and Linux versions?

Yes. You can switch between Windows and Linux versions of VMware Workstation Pro using the same license key. If you decide to switch host operating systems, you must uninstall Workstation Pro from the host operating system you no longer plan to use. If you plan to run VMware Workstation Pro on a Linux host and a Windows host, you need to purchase two licenses.

Workstation Pro FAQs - VMware Products

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
True I like the drag and drop of VMware Workstation. Though if you can get it in Oracle VM VirtualBox I am all ears!
Drag and drop actually works better for me in Virtual Box... seems hit and miss if it will work or not in VMWare

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
A single PC at any one time.

Can I switch between Windows and Linux versions?

Yes. You can switch between Windows and Linux versions of VMware Workstation Pro using the same license key. If you decide to switch host operating systems, you must uninstall Workstation Pro from the host operating system you no longer plan to use. If you plan to run VMware Workstation Pro on a Linux host and a Windows host, you need to purchase two licenses.

Workstation Pro FAQs - VMware Products

Can also get bulk / volume license to use the same key on multiple hosts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.