When memory your antivirus is consuming at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

exactly, I was getting to this. I wanted to point out first with the amount of ram I have and it not using any more then normal, it was getting quite heavy. You like many others, know I am running a Asus ROG which is far from under powered, and if Eset is weighing down my system to the point I notice it, it is becoming bloated.

ESET can mis-behave; I don't know why.

Same for other softs - some not even security softs - like browsers.

For example, Cyberfox doesn't like certain webpages; CPU and RAM go through roof. I suspect webpage script...

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
KIS 2016 - 25.73

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    39.3 KB · Views: 408
Reactions: Jrs30

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Through observation where I've used some systems with ESET AV/IS before, the processes consume may spike higher but not the Disk I/O or CPU occur. These are normal operation in order to make the program equally flow the resources.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Currently using Kaspersky Interney Security 2016 memory usage for x2 processes (Kaspersky Anti-Virus) total = 159.1 very, very light. Not too sure whether they have improved memory consumption?

D

Deleted member 2913

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Custom Install on Win 10 64 laptop with 6GB RAM & 500GB HDD

Attached is the scr

Attachments

• KES.png
    KES.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 428

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
AVIRA FREE ... peacefully around 25ks total.

avgnt.exe 5,800 K
avguard.exe 14,804 K
avshadow.exe 3,656 K
sched.exe 1,428 K

-avwebgrd.exe (web protect not installed)
normally rests about 4ks... but I am not using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.