Where is your security software made?

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Frankly I think this thread is pointless, and may actually offend some people

I know where all my security software comes from and so what. I am not going to contribute to this thread.

Why on earth would it offend anyone ? It's a completely plausible question and it has actually enlightened and surprised me as to where the vendors started from or are based.

Great post @TairikuOkami , very informative (well for me anyway) i don't really care where mine comes from as long as it does the job it is intended to do then i am happy :D

T

The paranoid one

Why on earth would it offend anyone ? It's a completely plausible question and it has actually enlightened and surprised me as to where the vendors started from or are based.

Great post @TairikuOkami , very informative (well for me anyway) i don't really care where mine comes from as long as it does the job it is intended to do then i am happy :D
100% agree. It is not bad or good to know the nationality of a company, it´s just curious. Nor do I notice that any kind of boycott is being promoted.
Today I learned that my computer is protected by a Czech-North American defensive line, hahaha, today I feel more international :D

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

trend micro, japan

zemana, turkey

I believe Zemana moved to Spain or something didn't they? Keep in mind, Zemana uses distributed scanning engines in homes and offices across the world. Often your files are sent to the US, Norway, Ireland, Germany, etc. You can find this out for yourself if you check my thread in the Zemana forums. Also you can see how they don't properly obfuscate their cloud scanning IMO.

Trend Micro can't make up their mind - are they Japanese or US? Trend Micro has largely merged with Booz-Allen-Hamilton (CIA contractor) so the general consensus is, it's US.

Booz Allen Hamilton and Trend Micro Partnership Fuses Advanced Analytics and Highest Quality Threat Intelligence for Real-Time View into Cybersecurity Threats Powered by Best-in-Class Research Team | Trend Micro Newsroom

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

i apply the exact same logic when it comes to the female species ;) :p :D

@ForgottenSeer 58943,

trend micro head quartered in japan, all key people are japanese.

zemana head quartered in turkey, all key people are turkish.

My point about Trend was - they may be Japanese, but they're largely a US Company in every other way including their partnerships with the NSA and CIA. We're not talking casual partnership, Trend merged their threat center NOC with Booz Allen Hamilton. Not to bag on Trend Micro, but based on what we found, Trend Micro in my home was covertly hijacked and sending redirected telemetry. But given Trend is so full of ridiculous exploits, it's not surprising;

Hackers Tear Apart Trend Micro, Find 200 Vulnerabilities In Just 6 Months

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
@ForgottenSeer 58943,

we are going off topic here. let us continue the trend micro discussion here :

Why does Trend Micro send telemetry to data mining firms?

i too have mentioned about trend micro's partnerships, in my post on the thread i have linked.

access to your profile page is blocked so i started a conversation with you regarding some information & i am sure you can help out.

if it is not too much trouble please check your conversations.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
From my AntiMalware and AV toolkit:

a) Norton Security Premium - USA (this is the one I normally use)
b) Kaspersky Internet Security - Russia
c) Bitdefender Total Security - Romania
d) Malwarebytes Antimalware Premium - USA
e) Zemana Antilogger - Turkey
f) Heimdal Pro - Denmark

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.