Battle Which Anti-Malware should I install? 2018

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Hello guys

i am looking for a decent anti malware protection software to purchase during the holiday sales for my stores (i have 3 different PCs)

Which would you recommend along my Kaspersky IS 18?

If you vote for other please let me know which one you recommend and why on a response !

D

Deleted member 65228

I don't recommend you use Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Heimdal Anti-Malware because you are already using Kaspersky Internet Security. Therefore, out of the list, I'd recommend using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (on-demand only, no real-time protection enabled).

HitmanPro.Alert is good as mentioned by @askalan however it breaks a lot of software depending on the configuration and must be frequently updated to fix these issues, it can be a lot of hassle for an average user - the logs for crashes and what-not are neither appropriate for an average user, an average user isn't going to understand a call stack. Which is why the only people that tend to use it are computer geeks or enterprises.

Although, I wouldn't use the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. I'd use an older version on-demand if I'm honest. But up to you what you decide to do.

I agree with @askalan overall, Kaspersky Internet Security is sufficient. Add an ad-blocker if you like the idea and haven't already.

T

TrinitronMSDOS

If if had to choose between these products as a main protection, i would have voted Emsisoft Anti-Malware without a doubt. But since you already have Kaspersky and want an additional layer of protection, i don't think that would be best. Malwarebytes is good but heavy and I've never tried Heimdal. I would advise you HitmanPro or Zemana without real time protection and set for a daily scan to don't slow your system down as Kaspersky provides excellent protection.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Hello guys

i am looking for a decent anti malware protection software to purchase during the holiday sales for my stores (i have 3 different PCs)

Which would you recommend along my Kaspersky IS 18?

If you vote for other please let me know which one you recommend and why on a response !

Do you have a UTM/NGFW at your stores? If you have a simple NAT router then that is not enough unless you use a malware blocking DNS. (FortiGuard DNS, Quad9, Norton DNS). Otherwise, Heimdal would be a wise addition. KIS should be sufficient alone as long as your DNS is taken care.

D

Deleted member 178

in a matter of fact, all AVs are good enough in detection/protection for home users
In a technical point, what decides things are the user-friendliness, resources usage and features of the software.
Then you have the reputation of the companies.

Reactions: kev216 and Daljeet
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

What about Anti-malware: I suggest you to use Emsisoft. Because Emsisoft is powerfull Antivirus with Anti-Malware protection which is not that easly to defeat or trick by ransomware or stronger malwares. Emsisoft will scan your PC in couple of seconds if you doing quick scan, so this is high pros.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Heimdal is a traffic scanning application with software updater. It protects from ad and links and It performed very well in blocking this with Dark layer guard engine.
Heimdal is compatible with any AV it works silently without any creating any annoying notifications. You already have Kas IS you can use Emsisoft emergency kit instead of Emsisoft AM. Members already suggest you HMP.A I suggest you Zemana AM it lightweight and performance is also amazing. Kaspersky is able to handle ransomware and has behaviour blocker also you don't need extra protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.