Advice Request Which Antivirus has no HTTP Scanning?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Scupper

Level 1
Dec 11, 2022
This topic has come up at least three times over the past couple of months.

I think it comes down to this: If you don't want HTTPS scanning / Certificate injection, then use a solution that natively that doesn't employ that service.

Messing with a solution by disabling services can have anywhere from insignificant to severe consequences, depending on how important it is to their layered security construction.

Short answer - MS Defender, or Emsisoft Home Anti-Malware. Yes F-Secure, but filtering is conducted through their browser extension so I would consider it a hybrid.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Short answer - MS Defender, or Emsisoft Home Anti-Malware. Yes F-Secure, but filtering is conducted through their browser extension so I would consider it a hybrid.
MS Defender lacks filtering but this will usually be combined with MS Edge which has web filtering as well. It is an essential part of blocking threats.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.