Which Antivirus has the best detection ratio for Android?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Norton Mobile is very strong in my testing. If not the strongest overall. Also their supplement to the Play Protect system augments that even before the app is downloaded. I dislike Norton personally, but find the mobile version quite stellar!

AhnLabs mobile is very good and has extremely good detection rates as well. My second choice. Any of the others I never cared about.

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I occupy comodo mobile .. No advertising is light and simple ...
I have detected a good number of applications with a lot of advertising and malware.

Reactions: davetenay
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I don't have an android phone BUT I think you don't need any antivirus on android! but I like to have Sophos on it:D because Sophos software doesn't contain adware or anything bad... it's only AV!about avast and 360 im 100% sure they will show you ads!dr.web is also good(but not free!)

I forgot about Sophos, that's my third choice. I helped test it early on and really liked their direction with it. I also like Sophos TFA app, very nice and NO spy junk, light telemetry.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
ZAM is great - I have been using this on my phone for a long time as an anti-malware. Norton Mobile would be my other choice too @ForgottenSeer 58943 !

In the past I have used ESET and Avast free. Both of these are good, but I will have to agree with @davetenay that there are lots of ads! Bitdefender makes a free application too. I don't know about the detection rates, but that may be worth looking into. My two top would be ZAM for anti-malware and Norton Mobile for anti-virus or overall protection.

Reactions: davetenay

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
I plan to download from unverified sources, so I need an antivirus to verify it is safe. Which antivirus has the best detection ratio? Tom's Hardware claims Bitdefender has the best detection rate, but I want to hear it from MT.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I plan to download from unverified sources, so I need an antivirus to verify it is safe. Which antivirus has the best detection ratio? Tom's Hardware claims Bitdefender has the best detection rate, but I want to hear it from MT.

First of all, why are you attempting to download something from an unverified source? You already knew that is a significant risk to your android device even with or without an antivirus.
Take that out from the equation, heck you don't even need an antivirus on Android.

Reactions: GonzitoVir

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
First of all, why are you attempting to download something from an unverified source? You already knew that is a significant risk to your android device even with or without an antivirus.
Take that out from the equation, heck you don't even need an antivirus on Android.

I plan to avoid Google, so I just want to make sure the apps I'm getting from F-Droid and XDA are safe.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.