Which Antivirus to purchase?

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
You can't believe everything you read. There is no actual proof, to back up the claims.
there is proof. google it.
The USA government banned kaspersky on government computers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iapepe

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
there is proof. google it.
The USA government banned kaspersky on government computers.
That's not proof. Proof would be showing actual documented evidence of wrongdoing by Kaspersky. Anything else is nothing more than unproven allegations and speculation and really should taken with a grain of salt in my opinion.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Here is Emsisoft Anti-Malware , 30-days free trial.

Then:

- if you buy for more than one machine/year, it is cheaper , we have an actual promotion running Emsisoft | Buy Anti-Malware Software For Your Home
- if once you buy EAM, you persuade a friend/family to try it , your license duration is extended by one month; if they buy EAM; you gains 6 months ! i dont think other vendors does that. :)

In addition to that, loyal members can renew at a discounted price. Gradually up to 50-60% off.
And on top of that most importantly, they dun have auto-renewal (I got caught by this from Bitdefender's which is why one of the reason I boycott them for till this date :p )

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

If you are on Windows 10 then I would use a combo of Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium,& a Second Opinion Scanner like HitmanPro etc.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i have bitdefender total security. does it have an anti-exploit and an anti-executable? should i use appguard with it? it does not say on the web site or on the software GUI.

Reactions: dinosaur07

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
And on top of that most importantly, they dun have auto-renewal (I got caught by this from Bitdefender's which is why one of the reason I boycott them for till this date :p )

I suppose you could untick the auto-renewal option, or not?
Just asking, i have never checked this thing.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I suppose you could untick the auto-renewal option, or not?
Just asking, i have never checked this thing.

Some don't offer auto-renewal.
Some just tick the auto-renewal box automatically and just state it in a very small font size, hoping the user did not realise of it.
Some just mandate the auto-renewal and require us to email to their support for cancellation of it.

Reactions: dinosaur07

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Some don't offer auto-renewal.
Some just tick the auto-renewal box automatically and just state it in a very small font size, hoping the user did not realise of it.
Some just mandate the auto-renewal and require us to email to their support for cancellation of it.

True, we have to pay attention when we buy something, i always check this "issue".

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.