Battle Which audio player do you use ?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
What do you mean by "sound quality" ?
You would have to compare the difference for yourself to know what I mean.
I can open any of my audio files with Windows Media Player or any of the above and they sound alright, but I can open them with Winamp using plugins and they sound fantastic. You have so many options to change the sound quality with the equalizer and plugins, you can not accomplish the same with any other audio player.

Most others that have similar sound quality rely on Winamp plugins like Aimp, Foobar2000 and MusicBee but still don't compare to Winamp.
All other players only have limited options to adjust sound quality or require you to buy paid features or plugins and still don't sound as good as Winamp. Winamp is an audio lovers dream.

Enjoy!! :D

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
You would have to compare the difference for yourself to know what I mean.
I can open any of my audio files with Windows Media Player or any of the above and they sound alright, but I can open them with Winamp using plugins and they sound fantastic. You have so many options to change the sound quality with the equalizer and plugins, you can not accomplish the same with any other audio player.

Most others that have similar sound quality rely on Winamp plugins like Aimp, Foobar2000 and MusicBee but still don't compare to Winamp.
All other players only have limited options to adjust sound quality or require you to buy paid features or plugins and still don't sound as good as Winamp. Winamp is an audio lovers dream.

What plugins do I use to make sound quality better?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
What plugins do I use to make sound quality better?
I use Jammix Enhancer (DSP Effect), Nullsoft Direct Sound Output (Output), Lyrics Plugin (General Purpose) and Winamp Equalizer (set according to different types of music) the "Live" preset sounds good on most types of music if you have some good speakers.

If you don't have some good speakers then you will not notice much sound quality difference.
Most computers come with cheap speakers which can not handle treble, bass, mid-range, etc.

I have 6 speakers with an excellent sound card on my computer with is much like a home entertainment system.
I no longer even have a home studio system, I gave it away because Winamp on my computer sounds much better.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I use Jammix Enhancer (DSP Effect), Nullsoft Direct Sound Output (Output), Lyrics Plugin (General Purpose) and Winamp Equalizer (set according to different types of music) the "Live" preset sounds good on most types of music if you have some good speakers.

If you don't have some good speakers then you will not notice much sound quality difference.
Most computers come with cheap speakers which can not handle treble, bass, mid-range, etc.

I have 6 speakers with an excellent sound card on my computer with is much like a home entertainment system.
I no longer even have a home studio system, I gave it away because Winamp on my computer sounds much better.

I really wish I could use Winmp again as it was the first audio player I liked but now it crashes every time I add my media..... It seems winamp can't handle my 50gb media folder.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I really wish I could use Winmp again as it was the first audio player I liked but now it crashes every time I add my media..... It seems winamp can't handle my 50gb media folder.
How are you trying to add your media? Make sure that you add it under "Media Library"- Local Library- Watch Folders- then add the folders of your media.

Do not try to add all of your media to the "Playlists" that will cause Winamp to crash.

My media folder is 65.2GB Winamp handles it without any problems.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
How are you trying to add your media? Make sure that you add it under "Media Library"- Local Library- Watch Folders- then add the folders of your media.

Do not try to add all of your media to the "Playlists" that will cause Winamp to crash.

My media folder is 65.2GB Winamp handles it without any problems.

I downloaded the version 5.65 and it worked, but for the latest it don't work.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.