Verified
Jan 22, 2014
KM player with DFX audio enhancer
coffee.gif

Reactions: Bill7

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Another reason I like Winamp better is its Media Library Organizer and Online Radio Stations, most other audio players lack these features or the features are not complete. For Second choice I would choose MusicBee since it has most of the excellent features of Winamp and pretty good sound quality. Third would be MediaMonkey is similar to MusicBee but lacks some features only available in the paid version.

jetAudio has very good sound quality but its Media Library Organizer and Online Radio Stations are terrible.
However it is the best video player that I have tried in spite of its name.

AIMP is just a clone of Winamp Lite missing many features and an ugly GUI.
Foobar is nothing more than just a stand-alone audio player like Windows Media Player most of its features are useless.

Enjoy!! :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
From Wikipedia and winamp's license agreement.
Could you post the exact link, I'm looking and still don't see it. I know for a fact Winamp has never used OpenCandy, Nullsoft the company that distributed Winamp was owned by AOL and came with AOL bundledware like AOL Toolbar, set homepage and search engine to AOL, older versions were bundled with Netscape Navigator only AOL products were bundled never OpenCandy.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Has anyone tried Clementine?
Yes I have it installed I wanted to try others just to see if any would compare to Winamp.
I was actually surprised with its features and sound quality but it still has some annoying bugs randomly crashing and continuing to run processes in Task Manager after the program has been shutdown. But with some more development it will be a good option. No online radio support.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Yes I have it installed I wanted to try others just to see if any would compare to Winamp.
I was actually surprised with its features and sound quality but it still has some annoying bugs randomly crashing and continuing to run processes in Task Manager after the program has been shutdown. But with some more development it will be a good option. No online radio support.

Do you think it's better than AIMP? I'll surely try it. :) Thanks! ;)

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
It all depends on which features that you want, Clementine has features missing in AIMP, like I said AIMP is just a clone of Winamp Lite which only has basic playback features.

Yes try it and see if you like it.

Please read here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373755#updates

Notes

The Pro & Full installers are the same for this release (No OpenCandy/Emusic/AOLSearch/Toolbar).

This is the best release of Winamp ever, imo, but let's just hope & pray that it's not the last...

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
MediaMonkey on xp(really good sound card) and WMP on win 7, but will be checking out Winamp again thanks to Littlebit`s informed recommendations.

Regards Eck:)

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
My first audio player was winamp, and i've use it for 4 years non stop music pleasure, untill i decided to try another thing just for the emotion of doing something new :rolleyes:

Now, i'm with aimp from about 5 years and counting :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.