Which AV Company has best Ransomware protection and why?

Which AV Company has best Ransomware protection and why?

• Total voters

caseyguy83

Level 1
Sep 21, 2016
Hermm, where is the other option?
Can i give suggestion on commercial end point?

My currently using : Sophos Cloud Endpoint Commercial

There is new featured called Sophos intercept X

Thing i like :
If there is ransomware process going, sophos intercept X will intercept the process halfway and revert back to original files before fully encrypted.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
You're referring to the first case as above, the PDF document may contain grammatical errors or not, at this point it is irrelevant because you realize this, just after you open the PDF by running also the malcode inside it, that is the goal.

Usually the file is relative to the content of the mail, so if it says: "here is your invoice", it is likely that the document is an invoice (obviously false) because the purpose of the malcoder is to stay hidden by avoiding suspicions as possible.
The .js code dropper, or other scripts, injected in the PDF, usually are few code lines that are not easily detected by AVs.

Since, as mentioned above, this .js code usually exploits vulnerabilities in Adobe Reader so I suggest other PDF readers, like Sumatra PDF, Foxit, etc.always updated.

Thank you i already uninstalled Adobe .
I meant to do all that in a sandbox

Reactions: LabZero

cmdzero

Level 1
Oct 25, 2016
While ESET's HIPS at default settings are lacking, with HIPS properly configured, it can be second to none in stopping ransomware. Furthermore, the new version has ransomware protection built into HIPS which I'm curious to see how it performs. Having said that, I believe at default, Kaspersky is probably the best against ransomware with its behaviour blocker.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.