Advice Request Which browser is the most feature-rich?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Sadly, Microsoft Edge, it only lacks built-in ad blocking (unless you are on Android).

I still use Brave Browser on Android though, and I use Microsoft Edge on Windows & Linux.

If Brave Browser were to get some or all the Microsoft Edge features I like, then I would switch back to Brave Browser, or Mozilla Firefox if it were to get built-in ad blocking & fix the spell check bug.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Their forum is full of users having issues with AdBlock not working on YT. They should really stop advertising it as the main feature.

Reactions: show-Zi and upnorth

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Their forum is full of users having issues with AdBlock not working on YT. They should really stop advertising it as the main feature.
Don't know, but personal I also use Ghostery.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Don't know, but personal I also use Ghostery.

On another note have you used "Lucid mode" it's supposed not only work on images but also Videos.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
A lot of people write about Vivaldi, but what features are really good there? In my opinion, it's a browser for people who need a mail client and calendar from a small company, not from a big American (Chinese, Russian) corporation and that's all. :)

Opera is fairly good, but Edge is already breathing down its neck. Already appeared Drops - analogue of Flow, soon to come video enhancement from NVIDIA, which will make Lucid Mode is not a unique feature (though I do not know whether to expect this feature for owners of the 20-series NVIDIA? I have a 2080 in my laptop).

Brave has a billion of useless features, the only ones I like are fingerprint tracking protection and a built-in TOR in private mode (I never used it, but it's cool all the same). Meanwhile, it still has 100 of usability issues compared to Opera and Vivaldi.

Also, another big minus for me in Brave and Vivaldi is the translator from Lingvanex - it's incredibly bad.

Right now I think the most interesting browsers are Opera and Opera GX, but in the future it will probably be Edge.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I understand that Vivaldi is feature rich, but it seems rather too rich and unfocused. I know it's a bad analogy, but I get the impression that it is complicated by cramming in unnecessary stuff that some users won't use.

@bellgamin
I too use Slimjet. I like the simplicity of it.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.