Which current Antivirus are you using?

Which antivirus are you using?

• Total voters

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Which av you are using currently?

Vote for the av which you are using currently.

I don't making multiple choice option as it will make mock of the poll

Vote for the av which is on your main desktop/laptop

Vote for main av not companion one.

As voting poll have 10 options only many leading av remain out of poll,please vote for others and specify

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
RE: Which av you are using currently?

Norton IS here.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

Still Comodo as waiting for new version to drop!

P

Plexx

ESET as you can guess for me. But I dont use ESS. I use EAV.

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012

I am currently using Avast v7 Free, but i hope i can return to CIS. :)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

Well, I tried to vote, but it won't take; nonetheless, I utilize PC Tools Threatfire AV at Level 5.

I like the fact that it is effective enough to block Dr. Web Cureit's post scan statistics gathering fiasco. I thought that was impressive, but what do I know? lol

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Well mine is Trend Micro as everybody knows :p

Still no option in the poll.

P

Plexx

ZOU1 said:
Well, I tried to vote, but it won't take; nonetheless, I utilize PC Tools Threatfire AV at Level 5.

I like the fact that it is effective enough to block Dr. Web Cureit's post scan statistics gathering fiasco. I thought that was impressive, but what do I know? lol

If you are using Dark Fusion theme, it will not work. Switch to another theme to vote. I also have that problem. Reported to Admin already:)

On a note, what was the post scan statistics fiasco? I only use the Dr. Web boot disk that's why I ask.

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
Well mine is Trend Micro as everybody knows :p

Still no option in the poll.

McLovin, move to the dark side... Here is a couple of recommendations:
Avira free with privatefirewall/tinywall; Panda cloud av or even Panda Global Protection; Bullguard (I think there is still a 6 month giveaway for that not sure though), etc. :) Change is good.
Trend is not that bad. Still a solid product.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Biozfear said:
Avira free with privatefirewall/tinywall; Panda cloud av or even Panda Global Protection; Bullguard (I think there is still a 6 month giveaway for that not sure though), etc. :) Change is good.

I see no point in changing because I don't go to any bad sites, I don't do malware testing, so I think I'm good.;)

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
Biozfear said:

I see no point in changing because I don't go to any bad sites, I don't do malware testing, so I think I'm good.;)

You got a point. I don't either to be honest... Any testing is on VM anyway.

Question, because a friend of mine asked: Do you experience any slowdowns or "hiccups" when using Photoshop or high CPU intensive apps with TM on idle?

He just switched from MSE to TM and said that he feels a slowdown when using CS5.

Since I know you use these type of programs, thought I would ask you first.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011

Kaspersky for me!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Biozfear said:
You got a point. I don't either to be honest... Any testing is on VM anyway.

Question, because a friend of mine asked: Do you experience any slowdowns or "hiccups" when using Photoshop or high CPU intensive apps with TM on idle?

He just switched from MSE to TM and said that he feels a slowdown when using CS5.

Since I know you use these type of programs, thought I would ask you first.

I have no slow down with what I'm using. There is an option in Trend where you can set it to start at when the computer starts and or before everything else has started or start after everything else has started, might not be it though. Could also be the computer hardware that he is running.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

On a note, what was the post scan statistics fiasco? I only use the Dr. Web boot disk that's why I ask.

I noticed that Dr. Web says that if you use their free on-demand scanner you must conform to their gathering of stats after the scan. I have no problem with that; an eye for an eye. So since I started using Threatfire at Level 5, I notice that TF pops and alert that a process is trying to do something in the background immediately after I finish a Dr. Web scan and send it to the recycle bin. The first couple of times it happened, it made me a little paranoid because it looked like extraterrestrial symbols/language. I commanded TF to terminate the process, which it does every time now due to my permanently not allowing it. I don't care if Dr. Web gathers data, I just think it is cool to be able shoot down a crafty Rusky attempt at gathering stats that runs in the background and that I would never had fully known about if I did not use TF. Threatfire also asks me about each individual Windows update as it is beginning to install (I can set it to permanently allow). I thought that was pretty cool too. The gist is that I may not have a traditional AV, but anything that happens in the background of this PC is not going to go unnoticed by TF level 5. I can dig it.

FYI: I complement TF with on-demand scans by HitMan Pro (for keyloggers and tdss family rootkits that MBAM does not recognize) and Mbam every week or two. I also run Dr. Web on-demand once a month.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.