Advice Request Which Disk Optimizer/Defragger do you use?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Auslogics Disk Defrag did not took down my impression and such effective program for optimization process.

Although annoying registry scan as part of advertisement for that free version; but not already big issue.

Reactions: AtlBo and Logethica

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I`m having a 3 PC Diskeeper license and I can say it works flawlessly. Install and forget it and it does all the job, intelligently.

Salut, Ana

About two weeks ago I received a letter from Diskeeper to join the webseminar about their product. They promised me to give 1 Diskeeper Pro and 1 Server licenses. I joined their webseminar and they sent me 2 licenses for Diskeeper 2016 indeed. I had should be smarter and open more accounts to grab more diskeeper keys. I installed it on my lap and noticed that smth wrong with my lap. I opened a task manager and saw memory consumption raised up to 5.5 Gb instead of 2.6 as usual. I removed it & rebooted my lap it fixed. Tried to install again but the same issue happened. My friend also met a high memory consumption after installing diskeeper 16
I use PerfectDisk Pro for many years

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Salut, Ana

About two weeks ago I received a letter from Diskeeper to join the webseminar about their product. They promised me to give 1 Diskeeper Pro and 1 Server licenses. I joined their webseminar and they sent me 2 licenses for Diskeeper 2016 indeed. I had should be smarter and open more accounts to grab more diskeeper keys. I installed it on my lap and noticed that smth wrong with my lap. I opened a task manager and saw memory consumption raised up to 5.5 Gb instead of 2.6 as usual. I removed it & rebooted my lap it fixed. Tried to install again but the same issue happened. My friend also met a high memory consumption after installing diskeeper 16
A good idea to open more accounts, i am sure it could work in your favour. :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Testing now O&O Defrag Pro 18 ;)
I always use "Space" algorithm, effective and fast enough.

Reactions: frogboy

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
:confused:Been testing Diskeeper(Trial) for half a month now and I haven't had an issue any issue and I only have 4Gb of RAM... I even have a RAMdisk for my SBIE container which makes my RAM consumption more than 65% specially when I use chrome.

The same thing happened to my friend. He also grabbed keys from them. He runs Windows 10. Mine is Windows 7 Pro. I should check it again disabling Intelli Memory. Sometimes I have no patience to find the making trouble issue. For me it is easy to uninstall. Some years ago I liked to analyze and looked for solution. But now I just uninstall and don't think about such problems

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
Salut, Ana

What can i say? I'm using the 2015 version and it really uses a bit my CPU as my HDD spins a bit, but it is ok. I don't have any memory issues at all. I have not tested yet the 2016 version.

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
The same thing happened to my friend. He also grabbed keys from them. He runs Windows 10. Mine is Windows 7 Pro. I should check it again disabling Intelli Memory. Sometimes I have no patience to find the making trouble issue. For me it is easy to uninstall. Some years ago I liked to analyze and looked for solution. But now I just uninstall and don't think about such problems

Do not uninstall it, better tweak it a bit, it is a good quality product but it might have issues.

Reactions: NikolayfromRussia

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Do not uninstall it, better tweak it a bit, it is a good quality product but it might have issues.

I want to contact this guy from Diskeeper again and ask him to make a new webseminar. His name is Spencer Allingham. I will tell him.... On behalf of MT forum users I am NikolayfromRussia
ask you to make a new Diskeeper 2016 webseminar. And all active users will be awarded with Diskeeper keys :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ana_Filiz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.