Advice Request Which do you use most? Gmail or Outlook

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gmail or Outlook?

• Gmail

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Outlook

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I end up using more Gmail because agilizo faster, connected with all Google services.
More think Outlook better, a much more organized interface, beautiful not to mention having great Outlook for Windows that greatly speeds up the work.
In short, I prefer Gmail and use it more because of Google's services, most think the best Outlook :)

vgchat

Level 1
Verified
Mar 22, 2013
Outlook? Never heard of it. Kidding aside, outlook just doesn't match gmail. At all.

Reactions: Jrs30

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I do and have used Gmail more. I seem to like Gmail more, but this could be because I use it for everything...

Reactions: Rishi and Jrs30

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
depends what you want to do.
If you are managing multiple accounts, and doing mail merges, and other business oriented stuff, Outlook probably has better tools for that.

If you are primarily a personal user, gmail is more convenient and customizable, you can take advantage of a lot of excellent add-ons/extensions, too.

Reactions: Rishi and Jrs30

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use both Outlook and Gmail, both have their benefits, but I much prefer Gmail because Gmailify!

Outlook:
  • Create multiple Alias sub-accounts
  • Disallow Alias sub-accounts as login
  • Ability to make an Alias account as Primary and vice-versa
  • Microsoft Login for Windows 10 (8/8.1)
Gmail:
  • Better Android and iOS app
  • Gmailify is awesome!
  • Google Drive 15GB, Photos Unlimited Storage, YouTube and more.

Mod Edit: Added Poll to @Jrs30 thread.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When it comes to security of course both of them contains a standard security that can be crack anytime as possible.

But I use Gmail more often because of its convenience and offers compare to Outlook/Live; however I've used both of them to make my task easier to access.

CaptnAmerca

Level 1
Verified
Mar 17, 2016
Both, but Outlook way more.

I do most of my emailing on my phone, and I just like Outlook better. Maybe I'm just more used to it. I'm really not a fan of Google anyways, and I don't use their extra features like GoogleDocs, drive, etc.

What's Protonmail, and what's the appeal?

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Use Outlook far more as I rarely log onto to my Gmail at all. My most used currently is Vivaldi, GMX was the old most used. Google services just don't interest me that much. I use it simply for access to YouTube and Google Play.

I use Outlook (Live to be more specific - I don't think they allow @live.com anymore now) for more important (to me) services such as Xbox Live. I also find Outlook to be more secure than Gmail. I do not use Outlook to sign into Windows but I do use it to have the ability to download and use Windows apps such as Accuweather.

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
I end up using more Gmail because agilizo faster, connected with all Google services.
More think Outlook better, a much more organized interface, beautiful not to mention having great Outlook for Windows that greatly speeds up the work.
In short, I prefer Gmail and use it more because of Google's services, most think the best Outlook :)
me to. gmail is much faster

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum... I guess OutLook now is the same than ancient HotMail :D... I have 1 account in GMail and 4 in HotMail, but in general the big amount of emails are coming in my GMail account.

What I hate of HotMail/OutLook service is that forbids to check new messages less than every 15 min limit :mad::eek: I use Pop Peeper Pro to check/pre-filter all my accounts emails, set to every 3 min... and I get mad when HotMail accounts get error because of 15 min limit :mad:

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I am very satisfied with outlook email and service, never had a problems with it. I dont use gmail, only for google account, because i feel like there are too many misleading options and i dont trust google privacy policy.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
I use both, Outlook mostly after my own domain though.
I find Gmail's "ALL MAIL" folder annoying, wish they allowed an option to disable it.

Reactions: Vasudev and Jrs30
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.