Advice Request Which do you use most? Gmail or Outlook

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gmail or Outlook?

• Gmail

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Outlook

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I use both, thats the thing. On my phone, both are linked. On my systems, I use both for different things as well. For xbox/wiiu I have another outlook account

Reactions: Jrs30

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I know that. Why should I bother to do that when Gmail was easy to sign up & use.?:mad::eek:

Reactions: Rishi

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I prefer outlook more than gmail. I personally faced difficulty in using Gmail, moreover only the issue was too many buttons w/o text was confusing me. Now I got used to it, since I was using/configuring my sis's android phone.

A

Alkajak

Gmail for day-to-day. Outlook for submitting malware samples. Gmail blocks all malware submissions, even compressed and password-protected (not sure how it knows).

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I am using two Gmail accounts as official email service because of the Gdrive storage and google docs usability.Never needed a desktop email client other than that the ancient hotmail accounts just for logging into skype. I also have two yahoo accounts one for junk, freebies, giveaways, sample submissions,news groups, etc and another for important email backups.

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Gmail for day-to-day. Outlook for submitting malware samples. Gmail blocks all malware submissions, even compressed and password-protected (not sure how it knows).
I tried many times to the SUD through Gmail, even with the password it blocks the sample! I thought I was doing it wrong, when the outlook to send smoothly :D

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I've been using Outlook/Hotmail for years now with no problems:)

Never used Gmail.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Been using Gmail the most for like 5 years now. Most of the important stuff is linked to that account.

But I' currently using Protonmail for everything else these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.