Advice Request Which Email Service Provider Do You Use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which Email Service Provider Do You Use?

• Gmail

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Outlook

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • Yahoo

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • iCloud

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • ProtonMail

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Tutanota

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • StartMail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoho

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Posteo

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Government issued - for email recovery (ID Card required to login)
Yandex - for browser sync/backup
Mail.ru - primary
Gmail - spam email
Protonmail - junk email

Msgsafe - free version is too limited for me
Tutanota - it does not let me to register, just like KSC
Zohoo - gave up on it lately, too unreliable, even for a spam email
Outlook - kept loosing my emails, I have tried it several times since hotmail/live

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
All listed on the poll above except Startmail which I will sign up for eventually one day. My main (paid) email provider is Netaddress AKA usa.net. Yeah, I know, I know, privacy compromised and Big Brother's watching but I've been using it for well over 20 years and can't just give it up.

PS - Oops. Forgot to mention my account at Lavabit. Now that's supposed to be really secure.

Last edited:

Thread author
All listed on the poll the above except Startmail which I will sign up for eventually one day. My main (paid) email provider is Netaddress AKA usa.net. Yeah, I know, I know, privacy compromised and Big Brother's watching but I've been using it for well over 20 years and can't just give it up.

PS - Oops. Forgot to mention my account at Lavabit. Now that's supposed to be really secure.
I think Lavabit is a forgotten project and maybe a honeypot. Hasn’t been updated in forever and just sits there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.