• Total voters

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Use Eset recommend 360is ...
High detection zero day, a good proactive defense, super lightweight and easy to tinker
In the near future 360TS
Not recommend Comodo ..

Missed Microsoft antivirus, MSE and Windows Defender (Windows 8.1)

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareT and yigido

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I'm using Qihoo Total Security on my Win 7, 4 GB Ram (64bit) desktop with Windows Firewall. It's using about 145 megs with both Avira & Bitfender engines running. I don't feel any slowdowns!

Reactions: MalwareT

Van2r

Level 1
Verified
Oct 14, 2013
for now i'm using norton but not recommend it.
at all one of my problem in selecting an antivirus is finding a free or fully featured trial account for it and norton is one of them i guess.
but i recommend avast! ,webroot,... light anti viruses for playing game smoothly :D:cool:

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

Thread author
for now i'm using norton but not recommend it.
at all one of my problem in selecting an antivirus is finding a free or fully featured trial account for it and norton is one of them i guess.
but i recommend avast! ,webroot,... light anti viruses for playing game smoothly :D:cool:
or playing your CAD and Shop softwares ;)

Reactions: MalwareT and Van2r
S

starchild76

Thread author
a little bit offtopic , but if anyone wants a oem license for norton is v21 ( aka 2014 ) pm me its still valid for 340 days or so! first come , first serve!!!

Edit:
license key goes to malware1 , so its gone!! :)

Reactions: yigido and Malware1

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
ESET should definitely be on the list, it has a lot of fans around here. :p

I use it too, but only the antivirus component (NOD32).

Reactions: MrExplorer
M

MalwareT

Thread author
How much 360 Total Security uses RAM ? I saw somewhere 42, somewhere 30 and somewhere ~120 MB.

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
It depends, most of security suites use in idle PC mode ~20 MB, in normal mode ~80. In scanning files, it depends a lot. I saw that QTS use around 160 MB. ;)

Even if I use avast on other PC, I also use Kaspersky IS 2014, probably the strongest internet security suite. ;)

Reactions: MalwareT and yigido

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.