Which free antivirus do you use ?

Which free antivirus do you use ?

• Total voters

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Got tired of using Avast, went back to Avira in the meantime. Will try 360 next month.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Avast free on my desktop Win7, Windows Defender on my Win8 laptop.
I don't like AV's that use BitDefender engine because they flag way too many false positives, BitDefender in general is a heavy AV engine.

I don't like AV's that use multiple AV engines, more engines equals more false positives. You can simply scan any file you download with VirusTotal before running it, there is no need to use several AV engines in real-time.

I have no reason to use paid AV's since freeware does its job for me. Other AV's that I will recommend are Avira free, AVG free, MSE and Panda Cloud free. Eset only if you want to pay.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
My AV: ESET Smart Security 7
If i need to chose free version than i will go for Qihoo.

enaph

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Built-in Windows Defender on Windows 8.1 x64.
I haven't seen any virus since years so I don't feel like using any other AV.

Reactions: MalwareT

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.