Battle Which Free Uninstaller: IObit vs Geek vs Revo?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
how about total uninstall , anyone here experience with it? I do have an old licensce for revo pro v3 , but that one keeps on nagging for buying / upgrding to v4. if total uninstall is better , I might buy a license ;) :)
In my experience, it is the best installer there is and I've been using it since the start of the year. It's not cheap, but it works very well.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
In my experience, it is the best installer there is and I've been using it since the start of the year. It's not cheap, but it works very well.

The pro version is about 40 dollars, right with 1 year customer support right? Will you be able to use the program after the year ends or do you have pay for it each and every year to keep receiving product updates?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Will you be able to use the program after the year ends or do you have pay for it each and every year to keep receiving product updates?
I think you have to pay every year. This is my first year of using it, so I haven't had to renew yet.
No one they only crap your system
Actually, they can make a system run better, by ensuring that all traces of software are removed, Why do you think that?

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
Bulk, revo, geek, hibit... there are so many options. These days I'm not so "young" to be trying out every one.

In fact I thought of using MS's own and that's it. I've been using geek for many years without problems, however I like bulk and hibit. I was looking for something simple.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Bulk, revo, geek, hibit... there are so many options. These days I'm not so "young" to be trying out every one.

In fact I thought of using MS's own and that's it. I've been using geek for many years without problems, however I like bulk and hibit. I was looking for something simple.
+1 for me on Hibit.... I love their free uninstaller and the Hibit startup program too, that is also free and monitors all your startup location in real time with alerts!

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
+1 for me on Hibit.... I love their free uninstaller and the Hibit startup program too, that is also free and monitors all your startup location in real time with alerts!

I just started using HiBit Uninstaller today. Just blew me out. They have a portable version too, and it's incredible. I don't know why didn't I start using this earlier.

I've been a past user of Revo, IOBit, Ashampoo, Total uninstall, Geek etc. and I must say it's really hard to impress me with the laundry list of uninstallers that I've been through, and this is what HiBit did. Their "tools" menu, is so powerful, leftover files cleaning is insane, there's so much to love in this tiny piece of software.

You need to try this. No unnecessary crap, only stuff related to uninstall of programs and related functions.

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
I just started using HiBit Uninstaller today. Just blew me out. They have a portable version too, and it's incredible. I don't know why didn't I start using this earlier.

I've been a past user of Revo, IOBit, Ashampoo, Total uninstall, Geek etc. and I must say it's really hard to impress me with the laundry list of uninstallers that I've been through, and this is what HiBit did. Their "tools" menu, is so powerful, leftover files cleaning is insane, there's so much to love in this tiny piece of software.

You need to try this. No unnecessary crap, only stuff related to uninstall of programs and related functions.
And it's much faster too.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
And it's much faster too.
And completely FREE! (Try their Startup Manager, just as awesome!)

Glad you love it. I've been a fan of their software for awhile! It never gets promoted or reviewed much but it should! And the add to context menu so you can right click on icon to uninstall a program is icing on the cake! (Like Iobit Uinstaller does but no bloatware) The free Hardware info and Startup Manager software are also very good. They get updated constantly. Best live startup monitor since Winpatrol (RIP)

Nautilus

Level 2
Apr 27, 2020
I use 2 uninstaller first of geek which does an excellent and thorough job , better than revo imho and then to other one ( which is a giveaway , so technically speaking also free :) ) softorganizer , this one is also wat better and more thorough than revo!

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
revo from that list. but advanced uninstaller pro (which is actually free) is the best. iobit isn't a good company to use if you work somewhere that has proprietary secrets or geopolitical/economic/military significance. i know many companies employees are not allowed to use their software, because of the hacking problems coming out of the CCP. my cities utilities (water and power) are an example. when I worked there, it was a no-no to use these types of software companies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.