Battle Which Free Uninstaller: IObit vs Geek vs Revo?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I have been using GeekUninstaller as a portable application in "USB toolbox" for a couple of years now. A 6 MB, single file, great for a quick look if I need to open my usb toolbox on a PC, laptop from a friend or relative. Though I may switch that out for HiBit portable, given the good reactions I have read about it and the fact that Geek hasn't been touched or reacted by the main developer for over two years. But if it works, it works right. ;)

On my personal computer I use BCUninstaller myself, though I never gave Hibit a real go... Anyone have any experience with the two, personally?
I would love to answer your query with more detail, but since I'm extremely busy with work, I'll simply redirect you to my article instead: Best Free Program Uninstaller - Gizmo's Freeware . It will give you an in-depth review of these two uninstallers.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
HiBit: the dev can't accept any payments for his work due to the constraints of his county (Iran, I think). He says he has a day job and HiBit is a hobby. No direct income = no additional frills. It would be bizarre to me if HiBit was to suddenly acquire real-time file monitoring like Revo Pro and remain gratis. lol.

I'm pretty grateful for HiBit--it's a capable, no-frills product. What you see is what you get.

If you see to facts, Revo has features that HiBit still do not have.
Yes, HE, is an Iranier. And HiBit means, Hi - Bit
HiBit: the dev can't accept any payments for his work due to the constraints of his county (Iran, I think). He says he has a day job and HiBit is a hobby. No direct income = no additional frills. It would be bizarre to me if HiBit was to suddenly acquire real-time file monitoring like Revo Pro and remain gratis. lol.

I'm pretty grateful for HiBit--it's a capable, no-frills product. What you see is what you get.

I get you.
Whenever it is possible to donate to the guy, i will be the first in the cue. I have been communicating with him about that. As can be seen in this thread. But feelings aside, Revo Pro is a little bit better then HiBit - free. Still. But his upcoming changes will change that.

There are surprises ahead.
Remember where you first read it.

mtbboy1993

Level 1
Oct 31, 2021
I've just tried HiBit Uninstaller, so far I am impressed, I've was able to clean up bloatware on a old back up pc that has not been used since 2015, with windows 8, and was factory reset, so it had bloatware, which included preinstalled wildtanget games, despite the Wild Tanget games unistaller not beign able to unistall any of the games, it got an error mesage, that it stopped unexpectigly, but I was able to unistall all of it, and I was able to unistall Lovefilm URL run, by dropping it and forcing unistall without a official unisttaller.
I can even clean tthe registery.

I think this will be the unistaller I will use from now on. and not use IOBIT anymore.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I think this will be the unistaller I will use from now on. and not use IOBIT anymore.
That's a good choice as HiBit does much better at finding leftovers than IObit. On some of my systems I have IObit Uninstaller Pro installed. When I uninstall something with HiBit, after the software has been uninstalled, IObit will automatically scan for leftovers and then display a popup from IObit showing the leftovers it has found. When HiBit runs it scan, I usually finds many more leftovers.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Revo Unistaller all the way here! There is a reason why many big name companies use it - highly reliable and works. Been using it for many years here without fail. I plan on using it for many more years as well. IObit isn't great in my humble opinion. To me it leaves far too many leftovers behind.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I have used Revo in the past but after trying hibit in the recent months, i think it's the best. Some of the tools it has are just magnificent. The best part it's completely free.
A friend told me he wont install HiBit on his main PC.
After I gave him this link HiBit Uninstaller Freeware Review | Daves Computer Tips , he wrote me:

Usually I’m able to do all of that it does myself, however, I’ll keep it in mind if I need to uninstall a piece of stubborn software on someone’s computer, such as my mother’s, because I cannot expect her to run registry searches and all that. Thanks for sharing.

Is there a way to convince him to use HiBit?

Virtuoso

Level 2
Feb 21, 2022
I am using both Revo Pro and HiBit uninstaller. HiBit's Force uninstall's search function is not working for me for some reason, also need to add High resolution screen compatibility.

I was using 4-5 years old Revo Pro, thanks to this forum's discount code was able to snag a 2 year license for 176 rupees.

Reactions: amirr and roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.