Advice Request Which (If any) Cloud Storage Provider(s) do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which (If any) Cloud Storage Provider(s) do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Very good, but one question, is it encrypted storage, as well as during transfer ?
I did notice it offers 5GB free thats nice of them
EDIT
Quote from the Service:
Jottacloud is a cloud storage service for individuals and companies that lets you backup, synchronize, store and share files from all your devices. The uploaded data is protected by one of the worlds strongest privacy laws, with all your data stored in Norway. (END)
It mentions nothing of encryption during transfer or during storage, privacy laws
are great, but almost useless if the data remains unencrypted.

UPDATE! I was in touch with Jotta in an other matter and asked, and YES the file transfers are encrypted.

/W

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
For my work, (mostly documents and collaboration) I use Dropbox. Me and my family have a paid suscription of Mediafire (1TB) for update photos, videos and all our stuff. Recently, Mediafire deleted the old desktop app, but they said in their official blog that they are doing an all-new desktop app. I'll wait for that. Mediafire works as well as Dropbox.

siren05

Level 2
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I use Dropbox Pro 1TB, its worth it for me. I like their clients better than google drive, one drive etc. File sync is much better as well.

I also have Unlimited Google Drive business account, i hardly use it these days mainly because their client sucks in PC atleast.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
For my work, (mostly documents and collaboration) I use Dropbox. Me and my family have a paid suscription of Mediafire (1TB) for update photos, videos and all our stuff. Recently, Mediafire deleted the old desktop app, but they said in their official blog that they are doing an all-new desktop app. I'll wait for that. Mediafire works as well as Dropbox.
It took long, but a week ago I get my education account for Google Drive (unlimited). I replaced Dropbox because I almost had my 2GB full. I'm very happy with GDrive, I'm very surprised that mac app is lighter and faster than Dropbox's. But for me, for my use, GDrive is identical to Dropbox, both are fantastic services.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I contacted recently with Mediafire, to ask them when it will be released the new desktop app that they said in their blog. Surprisingly, they answer me that they anr not plnning to release any app for windows and mac:confused::eek:.
I cancelled my suscription and I moved the files to my 1TB onedrive account that the institution when I work give us. Very happy with this service at the moment.
If you are planning to use mediafire, notice that ther are not any desktop apps until long...

Last edited:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Sometimes I use Google Drive and, even if they say:"we have high security standards, encryption, etc...etc", I always use SecureMyBit to encrypt the files before uploading them to the cloud.
This is the security from my point of view.

Arin

Level 3
Verified
Nov 1, 2014
I use Flickr(yahoo) as a cloud storage as it provides 1TB free cloud storage for pictures and videos.

Daniel Keller

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2016
For important files / data I use a Synology Discstation. This way I have my personal cloud under my control....

Reactions: Arin
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.