Troubleshoot Which Internet Security Suite comes with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection?

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
According to the Heimdal website, Heimdal is high-quality, next-gen superpower anti-malware tool that can detect advanced attacks.!
As I said before even Avira browser extension can do better;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Heimdal Pro is a joke.
For 2 months I was searching for Heimdal review but I only found one..where is that APT?
I don't think any software with APT have it tested

Definition of APT

An advanced persistent threat (APT) is a network attack in which an unauthorized person gains access to a network and stays there undetected for a long period of time. The intention of an APT attack is to steal data rather than to cause damage to the network or organization. APT attacks target organizations in sectors with high-value information, such as national defense, manufacturing and the financial industry.

In a simple attack, the intruder tries to get in and out as quickly as possible in order to avoid detection by the network's intrusion detection system (IDS). In an APT attack, however, the goal is not to get in and out but to achieve ongoing access. To maintain access without discovery, the intruder must continuously rewrite code and employ sophisticated evasion techniques. Some APTs are so complex that they require a full time administrator.

Read more here

What is advanced persistent threat (APT)? - Definition from WhatIs.com

How to do a test on this? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Immunet 6
Advanced Threat Prevention (ATP) detects, analyzes, and prevents threats from malware that has evolved to bypass traditional security methods.

It's an engine detection solution and only available in the enterprise version. The protection feature is not what you think it is.

Also, Immunet only protects 32-bit processes. So if your using a 64-bit system...

Upvote 0

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.