Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Which is the best Download Manager Free/Paid in your opinion? Does anyone uses JDownloader here :p

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Agree,but installing Java is a risk:(
listen my friend, unless u know whats hapenning in ur PC u are at risk. Installing Java just dont give u viruses or adware/malware.

Java is just a rendering software as i know. I have not been on any fleet till now installed Java on my PC.

If u surely want to get the best out of protection I suggest u to use a advanced firewall with UAC set to Maximum in ur PC, so that u can watch
out every process that happens , including monitoring Java Services.

Update Java Only from authors/Host website. Do not even listen to File Hippo Update if its not available at the Host page.

And Finally I suggest Unchecky. If u use ESET/Emsisoft the package of JD download will interupt in middle.

Reactions: Kent

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well I needed it though. Does it require java 8? And the beta is been there over a long time . when would the final version be released?
I have installed JDownloader from those installers, it has JRE in the package, so you don't need classic Java package from Oracle that integrates in your browsers also.
These installers has only those Java components that JDownloader requires to run

Reactions: Kent and Purshu_Pro

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
And the beta is been there over a long time . when would the final version be released?

Yep, it is in beta stage for a long time, but I don't mind, since it's very stable and updates almost every day and sometimes several times per day. :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Updates every day? How much bandwidth it would consume at that case?
I didn't count but after you download and install from these offline installers first update will be...dunno...maybe 40mb, maybe more.
After that maybe 1mb per day, but the program folder doesn't increase much, as it only calculates and changes linkgrabber's automatic association and new hosters and maybe some video plugins for YouTube, Vimeo and others that come up.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I didn't count but after you download and install from these offline installers first update will be...dunno...maybe 40mb, maybe more.
After that maybe 1mb per day, but the program folder doesn't increase much, as it only calculates and changes linkgrabber's automatic association and new hosters and maybe some video plugins for YouTube, Vimeo and others that come up.
thanks then i will try it.

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Virustotal result of IDM :(
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_09_16_04h51m48s_001.jpg

Searched for Trojan.Win32.Katusha

Ashampoo_Snap_2014_09_16_05h08m35s_002.jpg

hope it is FP :oops:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Never used a paid download manager.

The days before before Chrome, I used Firefox and DownThemAll, no need for a desktop-based download manager. I currently do not use one for Chrome, and haven't any plans for using a desktop-based one.

I'm sure 80% of the users recommending IDM are using pirated version. :D

And yes always go for a download manager that's freeware.

Reactions: tapoo

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I'm sure 80% of the users are using pirated version of IDM :D

And yes always go for a download manager that's freeware.
Me too. I am not even upgrading to the latest (cracked) version. I just want a fast, efficient download manager that downloads my files instead of the slow built-in or even extension download-managers. I am not willing to pay ten plus dollars over it.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Me too. I am not even upgrading to the latest (cracked) version. I just want a fast, efficient download manager that downloads my files instead of the slow built-in or even extension download-managers. I am not willing to pay ten plus dollars over it.

Try EagleGet, Download Ninja or Xtreme Download Manager. All are great. And we still have FDM. I dont' get what you mean by extension download manager, IDM also adds extensions and plugins...

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Try EagleGet, Download Ninja or Xtreme Download Manager. All are great. And we still have FDM. I dont' get what you mean by extension download manager, IDM also adds extensions and plugins...
They're slow. At least, the Flashget manager was slow. But i'll try Download Ninja or Eagleget.
Extension download manager, means the download managers that are like DownloadThemAll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.