What is your favorite PDF Reader? (March 2016)

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I have only used Adobe Reader. I feel that it is very convenient, since it provides quite many utilities for commenting a PDF file, such as Sticky Comment, Highlight, Midline, Bottom Line, Text Comment, etc...
Adobe Reader.PNG

I wonder whether any other PDF reader could do this or not?

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Please list reason why choosing one option, as per guidelines of War Room. If in doubt, please check guidelines.

Users can simply vote without saying why, but if you are going to say which option you choose, please back it up with your reason, so that other users can benefit from your point of view.

Posts without reason have been deleted and will continue to be deleted. Thank you.

In regards to topic at question: I have used Foxit Reader for a long time due to its available addons, but since then moved to windows 10 default reader. I hardly touch PDFs now as opposed to before, therefore no longer need additional bells and whistles that some of the solutions bring in.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Sumatra pdf for me. Lightest one there is (compare with adobe omg:eek:). Very fast and has enough features to be default pdf reader. It is also portable and open source. If you need more options foxit is a good alternative.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I voted other because rarely i open pdf files and when i want to do that i use built-in pdf reader of Cent browser.
And always i open pdf files from known sites.
As for another pdf reader i have to recommend Sumatra PDF.
As other members have stated already it's fast, small in size and does what a pdf reader supposed to do read pdf files and print them.
On the other hand if i want to do some editing in a pdf file i use Adobe reader in my wife's pc;)

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
As I am not to create PDF files, but use a lot to read ... Use the application that comes with Windows 8.1, it is very simple, but it's enough for me!
Before I used Foxit Reader.
Today only use the 8.1 standard windows application and sometimes open in Chrome or Firefox :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.