Advice Request Which is the best free vpn that supports torrent downloading?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
FrootVPN used to be free and P2P enabled but they changed that now.

I used Cyberghost and it works fine for me, of course only the paid accounts get P2P function.

Another way I was exploring was to use proxy servers to download the torrents through however all the proxies I found were either too slow or not configured properly for P2P traffic.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I sometimes wonder if posters bother reading what an OP is asking for, in this case, specifically, free and P2P compatible. Note, the first requirement rules out paid VPNs.

it's also not true that no free VPN supports torrents. I don't know if 10GB a month is enough, but Windscribe is an excellent VPN that has a free option:
https://windscribe.com/

There have been fairly recent Windscribe giveaway offers, mainly on sharewareonsale, for a much higher monthly allowance. I got one for 50GB per month a while back, so have a lookout for those. This was the offer, as mentioned here on MalwareTips:
Windscribe VPN SE - 1 Year 50 GB/month

Okay Freedom VPN is another that has frequent free giveaways especially on sharewareonsale. I'm not sure if it's still P2P friendly though. It's been mentioned on MalwareTips on a number of occasions:
Promotion - OkayFreedom VPN[New] - 1 Year Premium

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I sometimes wonder if posters bother reading what an OP is asking for, in this case, specifically, free and P2P compatible.

Very good point there !

And let's throw another factor into the mix - logging.

VPN Gate comes to mind .

Purely from memory , it is a Japanese University project and is "torrent friendly" , it is free , but I'm fairly certain that they keep logs .

It is a long time since I tried it and things may have changed , so I strongly recommend that any would-be users check the details carefully .

Update
I looked over the VPN Gate website again , and I can't see anything about download capping or torrents not being allowed

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I sometimes wonder if posters bother reading what an OP is asking for, in this case, specifically, free and P2P compatible. Note, the first requirement rules out paid VPNs.

it's also not true that no free VPN supports torrents. I don't know if 10GB a month is enough, but Windscribe is an excellent VPN that has a free option:
Why Use Us? - Windscribe

There have been fairly recent Windscribe giveaway offers, mainly on [edited], for a much higher monthly allowance. I got one for 50GB per month a while back, so have a lookout for those. This was the offer, as mentioned here on MalwareTips:
Windscribe VPN SE - 1 Year 50 GB/month

Okay Freedom VPN is another that has frequent free giveaways especially on [edited]. I'm not sure if it's still P2P friendly though. It's been mentioned on MalwareTips on a number of occasions:
Promotion - OkayFreedom VPN[New] - 1 Year Premium
Windscribe looks like no longer supports P2P according to reddit

Windscribe disables P2P access on all US locations, India, and Egypt. • /r/vpnreviews

Last edited:

virusblocker101

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
freevpn.me

But first you have to download OpenVPN

Then download the "certificate bundle" from the freevpn.me site. Then, extracted, placed in the OpenVPN config folder. Then use the unsername and pass on the freevpn.me site to connect to the vpn server

But before you connect to the server open the config file or files with notepad and below the gibberish enter "block-outside-dns" (without quotes) and then hit save

Untitled.png

Sam Decruze

Jul 25, 2018
Once installed, the P2P file sharing program searches for the relevant torrent files; if found, the files are broken down into pieces and is distributed amongst the other systems interconnected to the network. This process continues without putting extra burden on the servers, until the files are completely downloaded on the system. best torrent vpn Ivacy

No doubt Ivacy VPN is awesome. Especially for torrenting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.