Advice Request Which is the best third party Driver update program?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Driver Easy and Driver Booster are excellent. I've used both of them, on literally tens of computers. They both have a large database of drivers and do a very good job of finding the right drivers. The free version of Driver Easy is very limited, which is not an issue if you're using the Pro version.

DriverHub is a free driver updater, which also automatically installs drivers and works well. However, if you're using Driver Easy and Driver Booster, there's probably not much point in using it.

In terms of having the largest database of drivers, DriverAssist is far better than Driver Easy and Driver Booster, but it is expensive and doesn't correctly match the right drivers as well as they do. Having a very large database of drivers come in handy for me, as I am regularly doing clean installs of Windows on different computers. The larger the database of drivers, the more likely the driver update software is able to find drivers for any devices that Windows has not been able to find drivers for.

In your case, you may as well just stick with Driver Easy and Driver Booster. Just bear in mind that while driver updates can include important bug fixes and in some cases will increase system performance, if your system is running fine, it's definitely not essential to keep the drivers updated.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello, I will go with Iobit Driver Booster.
I have an almost new Notebook(Acer A3), purchased it just before Christmas, and I scanned it with DB and it said I had 4 updates to my Drivers.
I downloaded them(free) and installed them without any problems. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There was an old thread about certain programs, you can check out the replies here:

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Thanks Rog, i'll check Driver Easy, because i have couple of my friends old laptops that i've installed win10. Driver Booster helped a lot. Two damn drivers in device manager still shows exclamation mark, so i'll check Driver Easy.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

I'd recommend DUMo (Drivers Update Monitor) : KC Softwares
I'm the developper, please come to me for assistance... and share your feedback !
I get this SmartScreen problem with Dumo (zip version):
1601675006027.png

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
And you're sure this tool doesn't check only their own website for updates instead of other/ better sources ? Cause this is mostly - if not always, the case

No, its only verify is site. You can download the drivers manually and the update in application is always the same was in the download page, so it doesn't check third party drivers. It's a handy tool.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Major vendors like NVIDIA, Razer etc. all have their own updating utilities within their desktop software. If your PC is less than 3-4 years old, you don't really need inference from third-party software.

You want the latest and best driver updates? Keep your hardware current.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
ust bear in mind that while driver updates can include important bug fixes and in some cases will increase system performance, if your system is running fine, it's definitely not essential to keep the drivers updated.
+1
I recognize that this type of software is the'last source of hope'for users suffering from driver problems.

Regarding drivers other than graphics cards, I only rely on Windows support. In other words, the best driver update software for me is Windows Update. It's rarely distributed, but I don't care because it hasn't caused any problems.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.