Which is the best Torrent downloader?

Which is the best Torrent downloader?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

I have tried FDM & qbittorrent & both works good.
As a specific torrent client, qbittorrent is the best, no crap softwares, ads, etc... & easy to use, good for average users.

Reactions: Littlebits

cookie1

Aug 20, 2014
I prefer Tixati. I used to use uTorent, but the last usable version of the client was 2.21. The newer versions are horrible. I tested BitSpirit, Transmission and Halite but I did not like them much.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Utorrent 1.8.5 for private trackers and Tixati Portable for public trackers

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
It's been awhile, but seems like the settings was different if I remember right

midzan21

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2015
I'm using old version of uToirrent for long time now. I think that I use 2.0.4 version which is pretty lightweight and works on newer OS like Windows 10 Technical preview (build 9986 is last tested Windows 10 build on my PC, need to test it on 10041 in next couple of days).

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
uTorrent 3.3.2.30586 - after ads are removed via Advanced tab. uTorrent also allows for hard-coded inbound AND outbound ports... eg: force 60000 for inbound and 60010 for outbound. I found this version to include the optimal advanced tweaks before the crap was introduced.

Tixati (latest) - better ipfilter options (rendered moot if the user has a VPN, leakblock protection and proper DNS setup). Only the inbound listening port can be hard-coded. The user has to make sure that they use input feature properly. For example, increasing a value from 10 to 80 by simply typing it in will not commit. You have to use the relevant up/down arrows. Tixati also has an option to export settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.