Which is the Fastest VPN for Streaming and Downloading Purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janyao

Thread author
Mar 28, 2017
I have used several VPNs but always feel that internet speed is getting bogged down. My internet connection is 20 MB and I feel that after connecting to a VPN it gets reduced to 5 MB or something. Any VPN provider out there who have fast servers?

Reactions: Kunal Singh

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Neil_Hines

Level 1
Apr 4, 2017
This is a very broad topic and the speed of your internet connection plays a huge role. Your internet speed is 20 MB, which is just fine, even if you have a VPN enabled. But then again, it depends upon the Protocols you've chosen for your VPN connection? Is it L2TP, IKev2? I would suggest to change it to PPTP as it fulfills your need of using an encrypted connection and doesn't hurt your internet speed much. Here are some statistics and analysis explained on Fast VPN Services and Protocols, I am sure it will help you choose the right one for yourself: 5 Fastest VPN Services of 2017 That Don’t Compromise on Speed!

Reactions: janyao

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly in order to gain better browsing, you need to purchase a premium VPN services for more available servers.

The overall concept of VPN is to undergone different tunnels so the internet speed may vary because of servers.

Therefore minimal chance that your internet speed can increase internet speed beyond limit of ISP.

Wolverine

Level 1
Apr 7, 2016
I have used several VPNs but always feel that internet speed is getting bogged down. My internet connection is 20 MB and I feel that after connecting to a VPN it gets reduced to 5 MB or something. Any VPN provider out there who have fast servers?

It depends on many factors, server location you used, server load etc. For example, Anonymous VPN Service From The Leaders | Private Internet Access service was once very good, then gradually the load on their servers increases due to the increasing number of users and their speed decreases. There are many other factors too. I am currently using Affordable Torrent VPN - Best VPN for Torrenting Anonymously which is working fine for me.

virusblocker101

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
freevpn.me with OpenVPN client

Only issue is you don't have a choice of locations and different IP addresses. But it unblocks sites such as Putlocker and you can watch films without any buffering. No logging, no bandwidth restrictions, and it's free

Last edited:

virusblocker101

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
freevpn.me

You will need this too openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html

Once the OpenVPN client has installed it will have a config folder in its directory. Download & unzip the certificate bundle in there. Now fire up the OpenVPN client and enter the username & password from the site

Edit:
Oh and you want to open up the config file of choice with notepad and enter the line "block-outside-dns" (without quotes), then save. Enter this line below all the encryption stuff and then save. This will stop DNS leaks

And the client has to be run as admin

Speedtest with freevpn.me. My max line speed is 34 down. No major drop in speed. And of course it unblocks Putlocker, etc.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Adam Jeo

Aug 28, 2017
I think you are use paid VPNs with router i hope your problem solve...
the mane reason to slow your internet for the using VPN, lot of free VPNs is too slow ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.