Advice Request Which is the most secure pdf reader?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
:giggle: hi

which PDF reader is least likely to get or have a malware? which PDF reader has the least vulnerabilities? i read that adobe acrobat reader has a lot of vulnerabilities.

this is for reading PDF files already on my PC.

hopefully it has an attractive GUI.

thanks in advance.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
:giggle: hi

which PDF reader is least likely to get or have a malware? which PDF reader has the least vulnerabilities? i read that adobe acrobat reader has a lot of vulnerabilities.

hopefully it has an attractive GUI.

thanks in advance.
Yes, Adobe is the most likely to bring in an infection.

Windows 10 uses Edge as the default PDF reader, it is quite secure.
Or use SumatraPDF.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you don't need to Annotate or Sign PDF documents, then use the default PDF viewer in the browser.

You may consider using Edge on Windows 10, if you...
Microsoft Edge is getting a number of significant improvements that now make the browser a good choice to view and edit PDF documents on a PC.

Alongside the new Fluent Design touches, performance improvements, and new features to work with EPUB files, Microsoft Edge adds many PDF enhancements, including better viewing, navigation, and annotation tools, Windows Ink as well as support for fill in forms, and more.
How to use Microsoft Edge as a PDF reader in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Make Edge the default by assigning it to open .pdf files.
1539690543805.png

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Most browsers have native PDF Support, if you want most secure don't install third-party PDF readers and use the browser.
Correct! (y)
should i open the downloaded pdf file with opera?
Opera open those as default and it normally works flawless IMO. Download a pdf one simple go to : opera://settings/content/pdfDocuments and enable that setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.