Battle Which is your MAIN/ DEFAULT browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Headlines describes it all, please name only Main/ Default browser.......

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Same as W & L Tut

I still use Waterfox once in a while IE very little if at all.Most I have tried but have not used in a long time.I do like Opera

I

illumination

My main browser and my default browser are two different things. I keep IE as my default browser, only use it for downloads, and have it excluded from my outbound rules on the firewall so that when it is opened, it is stopped by the firewall unless i allow "this adds additional security" ... My main browser right now is Comodo Dragon, i use it for everything but downloads..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why Firefox as a backup? If a webpage isn't working in WF, I doubt it'd work in FF - on the basis of it's the same browser.

McLovin said:
Currently it's Waterfox, but as a backup it's Firefox.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
Why Firefox as a backup? If a webpage isn't working in WF, I doubt it'd work in FF - on the basis of it's the same browser.

Just have it, not because of that reason. Just always have it as that.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I used to use Chrome most of the time, but it will not function right. It crashes, or is slower than Firefox for me, but it always crashes, so I use Firefox with Opera as a secondary browser.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I can't believe firefox is beating chrome in this thread, I used to love ff but chrome is way faster and more secure so for me it's chrome, secondary is IE9 but hardly use it.
I do have portable versions of firefox,opera,iron and maxthon but hardly ever use them.

P

Plexx

I remain with Google Chrome as a main and IE 9 as the secondary browser. For what I need is more than enough. Only some sites I require IE to visit and most games forums and wikis are bookmarked on Chrome. The good thing about Chrome as opposed to IE for me is not the availability of many plugins. Since I sometimes require checking specific sites away from my laptop, Chrome allows you to sync your bookmarks on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.