Battle Which is your MAIN/ DEFAULT browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Headlines describes it all, please name only Main/ Default browser.......

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
About a year ago you would not see me touch Firefox for most of my browsing needs. I was a Chrome guy all the way. Now I can never see going back to Chrome. It is amazing how quickly things can change based on needs and performance for individual users. I don't think Chrome is flawed, and I like Opera, but FF seems to be the Ferrari right now.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Version 18.0.1. I doubt it is the latest because I do not allow any automatic updates, or notifications informing me that updates are available, on my PC.
Every month or two I update all of my add-ons, media/flash players, browsers and then create a new restore point.

TerenceJC

Verified
Jan 23, 2013
My main browser is Firefox 18 using 7 different profiles. Currently experimenting with Comodo IceDragon.

The ability to customize Firefox via extensions and run multiple profiles simultaneously has kept me from even trying other browsers.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
TerenceJC said:
The ability to customize Firefox via extensions and run multiple profiles simultaneously has kept me from even trying other browsers.
I do think that at this point, Comodo Dragon (in fact the Chrome buit) has as much (..if not more) extensions as Firefox.
I did not manage to find an extension for Firefox that I can't find for Comodo Dragon. :)
As for ultiple profiles simultaneously, I know that Chrome as has this buit-in feature so, Dragon should have it too.

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I use Google Chrome as my everyday browser(though I sometimes use Firefox and Chrome together if I want to have multiple YT accounts open at the same time) and IE 9 is my default browser.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Has always been Firefox.

PS: To FF user choose extensions wisely, the more extension you add the bloated and heavier it gets. Not to mention instability that may arise. Best used in Sandboxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.