Which is your Preferred Android App Store?

Preferred App Store

• Google Play Store

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • F-Droid

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Yalp Store

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Aptoide

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • APK Pure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • APKMirror

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Fossdroid

• Uptodown

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Others (please specify in comment section)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
I'm using F-Droid. Great App Store with alternative open apps that offer very good quality.
To support this argument: There's one app in this store that doesn't exist on the Google Play Store, NewPipe is it and I love it! This is an alternative to the confusing Youtube app, which has all the features of Youtube Premium, which costs $10 per month (except that you can't watch exclusive series, which nobody needs anyway). So: You can download videos and watch them offline, run them in the background, subscribe to other people without Google account, watch them on a small screen next to other apps and that without any advertising. Free of charge.

Google Play is probably the best when it comes to app offers, but there are so many sh.. and fake apps that nobody needs.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Well my Parents have Android phone they dont know how to download anything i download some apps like whatsapp & facebook from APKMirror without sign up its safe. with Google Play Store when they(parents) visit the sites in the browser or FB so ads show up like '' Clean up your Phone Download Now'' or something like this jump into the store to download it thats a reason they dont know about any apps its not safe.

I think the family is good for APKMirror it's the best.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Well my Parents have Android phone they dont know how to download anything i download some apps like whatsapp & facebook from APKMirror without sign up its safe. with Google Play Store when they(parents) visit the sites in the browser or FB so ads show up like '' Clean up your Phone Download Now'' or something like this jump into the store to download it thats a reason they dont know about any apps its not safe.

I think the family is good for APKMirror it's the best.
How are the Apps updated?

Also why don't you make a Google account for them? Why limit their experience? And Teach them the basics, the Do's and Don'ts.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
F-Droid for me, the other stores, have many interesting features, but lately I found myself switching many apps to F-Droid alternatives, a good 60% with satisfaction.

I personally move F-Droid to private apps to avoid problems of permissions on Oreo, for that also exist a Magisk Version, but I prefer use systemize.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I'm quite a bit surprised by the fact that some of us are content with just F-droid. I personally do use it & it is one of the most secure app store, but never thought it's enough.Probably I should approach it differently, it's my today's takeaway from MT.

TheJokerz

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2016
you have been told not to... don't get me wrong, but what was the reason given to you? You may use some reputable sources to install android apps without harming your device as long as the app itself is safe.

Because you never know what may be included with the app that you are sideloading. I do not even trust the play store and have minimal apps. Call me paranoid but I do not need some person steeling my logins and the such.

Reactions: Weebarra

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Because you never know what may be included with the app that you are sideloading.

You are mistaking most other app stores as something like cnet. Most appstores don't pack anything else, but if the app itself is a rogue one, then something else. If the developer decides to pack a malware with its app, then there are very few appstore which will block that dev at the early phase. & google playstore is out of the question.

I do not even trust the play store and have minimal apps.

It's not about trusting or doubting google play store. Google provides very useful environment for malware devs to exploit their users, you must have to understand google doesn't do any code audit of those apps which are available in its marketplace. If you are looking for a secure app market then opt in for F-droid & it does provide minimal apps.

Call me paranoid

So you think I ain't a paranoid,eh. & btw, if you believe that you are a paranoid, then you should look for better alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.